Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday with ATS and Some Muffins

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends we had a very low key weekend.  Rico stayed in an just sort of rested!!  He wanted me to pas on his thanks for all the kind well wishes from you all!!!  With all the pills he has been taking over the last couple of days "dizzy and "loopy" are our two new favorite words.  We did get down to the pool yesterday as there was a break in the fog for an hour so although cool and breezy the sun was shining bright.  Saturday I left hi home and ran around Thrift/Estate Shopping and although I hit quite a few places it was another bust.  
__________________

I did get some stitched on ATS - working on the "Peacock Band" - and here is an update shot...



I am off a stitch or so up and down, but at this point I am not going to worry and "adjust" as I stitch down.
_________________

I made some "Donut Muffins" yesterday.  I am sure I have made them before, but can not find the post.....


They are super easy and tasty!!  I'll post the recipe in the morning.
__________________

We made a trip to Trader Joe's and I found a "new" favorite candy.....


These are really delicious!!!  If you like dark chocolate and really creamy minty middles then this is a "must try."
_____________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks again fro you well wishes and for stopping by.  Do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

16 comments:

  1. Hi Edgar, I just got around to blog reading so missed your post about Rico. Sending him good thoughts from NY. Resting by the pool (when possible in a S.F. summer!) is a good remedy. ATS looks great. I'm all for "adjusting." Always remember that this is a hobby and supposed to be fun! Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ATS is looking marvelous! Making great progress! Those donut muffins look delicious! Looking forward to the recipe. Glad Rico is recovering and took it easy this weekend. Can you believe I've never been to Trader Joe's? I really have to make a trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Edgar and Rico: I am so glad Rico is not so ill, anything can be wrong but diverticulitis is better then kidney problems.
    Love your stitching project beautiful colors, I have been off a stitch in the past, I do adjust.
    Stitching is not perfect.
    Love the looks of the donut muffins.

    Hugs
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear Rico is better....lets hope it stays that way. Sometimes you just have to "adjust" your stitching....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear Rico is doing better.. Oh my now I will have to hit up TJ's and search for those yummy treats LOL

    Hope you Monday is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's wishing Rico a speedy and full recovery. If diverticulitis is the correct diagnosis, you 'll need to make some minor adjustments to his diet [and your cooking] to prevent recurrences. Seeds and nuts and a few other forms of fiber become taboo but it is really quite manageable. My husband has the same problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been enjoying watching your stitching progress on ATS. Your stitching is beautiful and you seem to be able to do a lot in a week. This is a huge project, but you have inspired me to try and tackle it this winter when I'll more time to stitch. Could you be kind enough to let me know how much of each floss I will need (or is it listed on the pattern)? I have some Weeks and GAST threads already, but judging by the size of the sampler, I will need more than one skein of some colors.
    Thanks in advance for your help, Adele

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad Rico is feeling better. I wish him good health and careful diet!

    Your stitching is gorgeous as usual. Such a pretty design too.

    I have made those donut muffins and they sure don't last long! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always, ATS is coming along beautifully, and I'm so glad to hear Rico is doing much better. Those donut muffins look delicious, and thanks for sharing the candies; I'm going to have to look for those. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You inspired me to immediately find out if there was one here and there's one in Fort Worth. Those sound nummy nummy nummy!

    My hubby is bummed because he didn't get the job he was hoping for. The way it's going I'm going to have to take a job with Sally Beauty or Sprint for a major cut in pay. :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear that Rico is not well....I hope he will get better soon. I love your ATS...that is going to be so pretty when you get it finished.

    Take care & Happy Stitching

    ReplyDelete
  12. Get Well Rico~~~~ And, ATS is coming right along nicely.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. ATS looks great. Ooh yummy looking muffins.

    This is my favorite kind of candy. Noted in my list for the next person who comes from US :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope Rico recovers quickly. I love your ATS - great work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good to hear Rico is doing better. Lovely stitches and yummy ~ I love those muffins, but they never last long in my house!

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...