Gentle Readers and Dear Friends thanks so much for your great comments and emails - I do appreciate and enjoy reading them!! I am still having camera issues - I think my little camera has bit the big big one and is beyond fixing - or just too expensive to fix with no promises that it will be as good as before. So with that piece of information in hand I bought another camera and it should arrive in the next day or two. I wanted it before the weekend to get used to something new with a bit more memory -
So no snaps for a day or two..... I am still stitching along on ATS, now working my way up the tree.
I was tagged a few days ago by Akila and thought today would be a great day to answer her 11 questions. So here goes.....
1. What other craft forms are you interested in? I like all sorts of textile crafts, but have really only ever tried needlepoint and cross-stitch. I would love to learn to quilt, but that is down the road I think.
2. Have you ever participated in exchanges/SAL's? I have been doing exchanges for quite a few years, and really enjoy them!! I like the immediacy of the small finish. I have also done a few SAL's, and have another planned to begin in the new year... Hi Loraine!!
3. On an average, hoe many projects do yo finish in a year? I have no idea as I never make a list of things to complete nor do I keep a list of things I have finished. Working from a list really does not work for me. I complete things as I get them finished. I do try and keep the WIP's in check - if it doesn't fit in my WIP's basket then it does get worked on.
4. Who is your favorite supplier for cross stitch Fabrics? I like to see and handle a piece of linen before I buy - so - I really enjoy driving over to Needle in a Haystack and buying from them - they are super helpful and have a great selection!!
5. Do you always change the recommended floss in a pattern or usually stitch to the suggested? I find myself changing floss all the time - from a couple of colours to all of them - I stitch to please myself and if I do not like the color scheme then I have absolutely no problem switching out floss for something I like better!
6. Your favorite companion while working on your project. I usually have the boob Tube on and about 90% of the time have a movie playing on the BluRay/DVD machine - so I guess that "films" are my favorite companion while stitching.
7. Do you take your project along when you are out on vacation or visiting family? Yes, I always make sure to have more than enough stitching when I travel.
8. Have you worked on beaded projects - completely beads? No, never something that was completely beads - accent beads yes, all beads no.
9. What kinds of finsihing have you accomplished? I have tried Pyn Keeps, Flay-folds, Box, Scissor Fob, Notebook, Basket and framing.
10. How many hours of stitching time do you get in a week? I stitch every evening and as much as possible over the weekends.... so averaging out the time I would hazard a guess at 20+ hours a week.
11. How many countries have you visited and which one is your favorite? Outside of the US I have visited 6 different countries - England, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - And have enjoyed each one immensely - but - I have been back to England on 4 occasions so I would have to say that England is my favorite place to visit -
I am totally in love with London and all that history!!
So there you go - some more bits of info that make up me. I think I'll wrap it up for today, thanks again for stopping by, do stop again!