Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Some Weekend stuff - with Snaps!!

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends  - we are to be getting some rain today from a swirling storm coming in from Alaska. We aren't supposed to be getting rain this time of year!!  What's up with that??  I do love the rain - and I enjoy listening to it falling and splashing.  Our rainy season here is the winter - the most weather we should be getting now is fog - we got lots of fog yesterday afternoon - it rolled in over the city like a grey misty blanket.  Oh, well, one day of rain and it will blow out and we'll be back to our usual cold fog, yea!!  
__________

It was Pride Weekend here in the city - and although many thousands of people flock here to watch the parade and then walk around the Civic Center Festivities - that was never on our agenda.  I haven't been to the Parade in years and have avoided the crowds in the CC area for just as long.  You can click HERE to read all about the events.
 __________
Instead we had a birthday party to go to  in the east Bay -Rico's cousins son turned 8 and so we went to his festivities instead.  The theme of the party was SpongeBob Square Pants - and who doesn't love SpongeBob??


There was cake - and it was filled with fresh strawberries.....



There was a pinata filled with candy........

Here is poor SpongeBob pinata after the whacking.....


There was a bouncy house..... 

filled with a Rico......  It was lots of fun and the weather couldn't have been more perfect.  We had a great Barbecue lunch and saw some other family members we hardly ever see.  So, kudos to Kurt and Nicole for the wonderful time they showed everyone and Happy Birthday Jaden!!!!
__________

I often forget that not everyone knows what I am talking about all the time.  Like last Friday when mentioned that I love me some purple Gatorade.  I didn't think that not everyone would know what it is.  So, here is a snap of the stuff...

I will also like the blue, but only the purple and blue, and not the yellow, green, orange or the red.  Gatorade was invented at the university of Florida as a sports drink - the mascot of the school is the Gators - hence the name Gatorade.


__________

That's it for today sports fans - Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments!!!  Do come again.

Take care,
edgar

18 comments:

  1. Looks like all the kids (Rico included) had a good time. The cake sounds scrumptous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful birthday party! Looks like everyone had a great time! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm I learn something new everyday. Did not know that Gatorade was named after the Gators. I LOVE the purple stuff hate the orange....

    Sounds like you guys had fun at the B-Day party. We were at AT&T Park watching the ballgame, the train home was PACKED full of both ballpark goers and Pride Peeps.. I absolutly LOVE going into the city I dont get up there enough, always something going on.

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Gators!
    Thanks for sharing- it looked like a fun time for all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like Rico had heaps of fun in the bouncy house.
    Thanks for showing what Gatorade is. Didn't know that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool party! I love kid's parties. Maybe because I really can't stand adult, alcohol-fueled parties. Just give me a ton of sugar and I'm set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like all the kids, large and small (LOL), had a blast at the party.

    Thanks for the trivia about Gatorade. I didn't know that bit about it's connection to the U of Fla. I don't care for the stuff myself but know some who live on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, even the the bouncy house has Spongebob on it! lol! Love it! Looks like fun was had by all! As for Gatorade -- it used to be a favorite in this house, but it went by the wayside somehow. I didn't realize it was invented by the Florida Gators -- makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ... 'cause it has electolytes...
    (from the fantastically bad-funny movie Idiocracy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Vw2CrY9Igs)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a fun day. Love the snap of Rico! Nancy D.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm still waiting for our rain. I didn't hang out the laundry because of the forecast. If I had, it would have rained, lol!
    A bouncy house, awesome!! Rico's family sure knows how to have fun.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You just have to love Spongebob! Looks like it was a fantastic time. Rico looks like he's having fun in the Bouncehouse. And I'm not a huge fan of Gatorade, but my kids certainly are. And my son did tell me that it was named after the Gators. I had forgotten. You know - it's one of those little known and useless facts! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course it's going to rain...I washed the car! LOL! THe party looked like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a lovely party Edgar. Glad you had a good time. I'm a fan of purple and red Gatorade!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun party! Gotta love Sponge Bob. I have never tasted gatorade in my life. I guess that tells you how into sports I am! Is purple grape flavored and blue a blueberry flavor? More importantly does it make your lips, teeth, and tongue purple or blue? That would be something to see.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks like Rico had fun at the party LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. The party looks like it was a lot of fun. Who doesn't love a bouncey house and pinatas!?!

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...