Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Much Cooler Tuesday...

GR&DF it has gotten much cooler, by about 20 degrees over night!!  Which is typical of the odd weather we are having. This morning the wind is at the verge of a freezing gale (or at least a pretty stiff breeze that is rather chilly)  
____________

Yesterday I asked about the kitchen thing I bought and I knew that others would know what it is...  turns out to be a butter curler.
It had never occurred tome that it could make butter curls.  I already have another verison of a butter curler but it is flat and a little less elegant than my new (old) yellow handled one.  I do enjoy knowing what I buy!!
__________

Stitching again last night was on my upcoming HOE Exchange piece.
__________

This weekend the baking was a Sour Cream Cherry Filled Coffee Cake.  I posted the recipe over at Blacksheep Bakes.  Here is a snap of the cake....



There you go sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by and for the kind comments you left - I do appreciate them!!

Take care,
edgar

8 comments:

BrendaS said...

The cherry filled coffee cake looks heavenly. I LOVE anything with cherries in it.

Thanks for sharing. I may have to make that this weekend:))

~ Stitchin Sweet Sue ~ said...

Hey Edgar, saw this recipe on another blog earlier in the week and saved it, wondering how it was ~ never made coffeecake w/white cake mix. Any tasty feedback to share with us?

Patty C. said...

It looks delicious !!

Rachel S said...

This will sound dumb, but why do people need butter curlers.

Mary said...

The coffee cake looks divine!!

Michelle said...

A butter curler! I should have known!!! And that cherry coffee cake looks so yummy - I may need to make that for Valentine's breakfast.

Alice said...

Yum. 'Nuff said.

Blu said...

That looks delicious!!!