Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Marvelous MAW Arrived

Don't you just love alliteration!!! I used it all the time when working at the Museum a million years ago - It just drove the Director nuts - :) Yesterday the mails brought a MAW (Make A Wish) piece from Shelleen - I had asked for an ornament - since you can never have to many - or can you.... my tree did fall over one year!!! That's a story for some cold wintry eve by the fire ..... back on topic - I left the MAW request quite open with the only parameters being something traditional..... and look at the super piece I got -

He is the greatest Santa!! I really like the edge finish!! Thank you so much Shelleen!!!

From the comments yesterday.... Colleen - you will so love "Mildred Pierce" - a real comeback or return for Joan and filmed so well!! I love "The Enchanted Cottage" - what a great film! Denise - the weekend brought no sales from either the yard, garage or estate - as Dale went off to commune with nature up a Guerneville - into the woods you might say. He often camps in the wilderness and has been just chomping at the bit to go now the weather has gotten better. We are planning to run around this weekend as the weather in the city is supposed to be just perfect!!

Last night was some more Exchange stitching and the flickers were more Mapp and Lucia. I got the second season from Amazon yesterday and just about broke a finger ripping into the box to pop in a DVD. I sat there all evening watching the wonderful adventures of the Tillinites at play. If you get the chance you should check out the books - or even pop in the DVD for a look - you won't be disappointed!

Thanks for stopping by!!

Take care,
edgar

5 comments:

  1. It's lovely! The finishing is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely ornie you received!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute ornament! I came across your blog from Terri's and have been lurking for a bit now... I LOVE the frame job you did, and was wondering if you'd mind posting (or you can email me) some step by step? I'd really love to be able to do my own framing (I too LOVE antiques, and we've got lots around here - I'd love to be able to put those frames I find to use!) but am not smart enough to figure it out myself. :) Especially, what do you use on the back to keep everything "in" and together? Anyway, bla bla bla... Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great MAW gift! I just love Santas!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...