Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Is it Friday yet......

I got up this morning asking myself that question!!! Of course it isn't - it's only Tuesday - and over the night there were two - count them - two earthquakes here in the Bay area!! Now, we have quakes all the time everyday, but I guess that last nights quakes where just a bit bigger than the rest - or - there was nothing going on so the News people needed some filler!! We of course slept right through them - I think it would take our building sliding down the mountain that we are on to wake us from the comas we pass into at night!!! Our building is not actually on a mountain - on "Olde Mapps" - the hill/mound we are on is called "Red Rock."

Last night I was a'workin on some more secret stitching so no snaps - Thank you all for the nice comments on the Flower Basket piece - I really like it and now need to spend some cash to have that sucker framed - I wish I knew how to frame things - boy, could I save some funions! I worked out what my projects for the next couple of months and instead of things slaking off they seem to be getting busier - now what's up with that!

The flicker last night was "Sweethearts" -1938 starring Jeanette McDonald and Nelson Eddy - this was the first full length color film from MGM and voted by the public as best movie of 1938 - A very entertaining movie with some really wonderful over the top musical numbers - it wouldn't be MGM if they didn't have that.

And there you go - don't forget to comment on yesterdays blog to win the Secret Blogoversary Prize!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!
Take care,
edgar

7 comments:

  1. I remember when I first moved with DH to So. CA and experienced my first earthquake! My DH and I were at the doctor's office in the waiting room on the 3rd floor. All of a sudden I got sick to my stomach and DH said I turned as white as the blouse I had on! I asked him what happened and he laughed and said we had had a small earthquake. Then I was at work one day and my desk was "wavy". I think I'd rather have an earthquake instead of being in a hurricane (Hugo in SC in '90) and TX. I now live in tornado country...YIKES. Is there NO safe place??? LOL

    I know what you mean about framing! It can cost a fortune with matting, etc. I have a very large cross stitch I'm working on and I know it will cost a bundle to have it framed. I don't think people really appreciate the work that goes into a cross stitch piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sleep right through them also.. I think the only time I did not was when I was living in So. Cal and the apartment we were staying in had mirrors on the wall, little 3x3 squares. They came falling off LOL

    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  3. DH moved me to St Louis 2 years ago and didn't mention a fault line in the area! I'm from AZ and we don't have natural disasters outside forest fires and the occasional flash flood, so earthquakes and tornadoes warrant a warning before you go relocating me! I was in my first earthquake a year ago and I have NEVER been so terrified in my life! You are a brave man to live there Edgar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brother lives in LA and he has been through some hairy earthquakes but I've never experienced one. Heck I live in the U.K. where they can never and I mean never get the weather forecast right anyway. It was supposed to rain all of last week. It didn't! One year we had the wrong kind of leaves on the traintrack. Tell me, if you can, what are the right kind of leaves. Oh yeah and we had this huge gale thing about 20 years ago and they said it was going to be a bit windy. A BIT WINDY! Blimey (said in a good ol Yankee accent) it blew down big and I mean BIG trees and everything and was very scary. That's all from me. Lots of Love Patti xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, an earthquake! That would totally freak me out but I have never been in one so.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got woken up by an earthquake once, but it took me quite a bit to realize what it was... we don't have them very often in Canada, but there is a fault in the Ottawa River.

    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just come across your blog and I must tell you that you do amazing stitching and finishing! I will be back to visit often!

    BTW, sorry for your recent loss of Hunny!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...