Thursday, August 9, 2018

A Little Thrifting and a Fun Fall Stuff

Gentle Friends, so it's been a while since I've posted any new finds..... and here's a snaperoo...


... from the left... a small oil on board sketch by Louis Morin, "Allegory" ca. 1895.  I think the sketch is for larger work that I'm researching...  next up is a walnut Victorian frame that has some nice gilt work and faux bois with chip carving, the picture in it is a really nice Wallace Nutting coloured photo called "The Old Drawing Room" ...and ... although we certainly don't need them I picked up a large Pink Willow cup and saucer and a Wedgwood mug with maps of roads in the UK and the "Dominion of Wales" ca 1650... it's become my new favourite cup!!
___________________

You all know what a nut I am for Converse chucks... well, the new "skull" shoes have come out and of course, I had to get a pair....and along with them I got another pair of Looney Tune shoes... and here's a snap...

... the skull shoes this year are really different from last years offering of pastel ...

... the little skulls are really great!!  Very Halloween!!   All Hallows is on its way and I'm very excited...only 83 days away!!!
_______________

There you go sports fans, thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

5 comments:

  1. Great finds... both at the thrift shop and the Converse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Wallace Nutting, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Looney Tune shoes! I think they would be so fun to wear. The pink willow cup and saucer is beautiful. As Vicki said...great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely finds - the frame and the willow cup are my favorites from this lot

    Haha, more converse!! :)

    ReplyDelete

A Damp Weekend

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah, and here's a snaperoo... ... I like all the little bits of "wonky" that are pa...