Monday, August 13, 2018

A Little Old and a Little New Stitchin'

Gentle Friends, since I wrapped up Apostles Creed I didn't have a new stitch kitted up completely so I pulled out an older WIP to work on...


... HEiotS, is a piece that sort of languishes in my WIP basket and so I pulled her out and stitched in some of the animal and plant motifs while I was waiting on some silks I didn't have in my stash to come in...
________________________

I decided that the next piece I was going to stitch would be a traditional sampler, I almost went Quaker, but held back and flipped to a really lovely piece from Scarlett House called...


... Smith Sampler.  Here's a snap of my very small start... and here's a snap I lifted from the internet of what this piece will eventually look like...

Image result for scarlett house cross stitch

... it photographed much lighter than the finished piece will eventually look like... As usual, I really liked the border and think that's what originally drew me to this sampler.  I'm stitching it on 40ct linen using the called for colours in mostly the called for silks.....
____________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks again for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

10 comments:

  1. I love your new WIPs! Your needlework is, as always, stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, it will be fun to watch your progress. I always enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that peacock! And is that bird under it a dodo? You have very good taste in samplers. I love seeing what you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good start on the Smith Sampler! The animals and plants stitched on His Eye are less that you have to do the next time you pick it up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That will be a beautiful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Edgar !

    What a wonderful choice! I LOVE it. I have the Scarlett House 7 Sheep sampler. It's in my TBS (To Be Stitched) pile. I bought the cloth right away, but I'm on the fence about using silk as I have never done so before. Scarlett House has such wonderful pieces... can't wait to see this take shape.

    MaryO1230

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of those pieces are very pretty. I love that border on the second piece also.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty sampler. I love all the birds throughout the design. I have this hiding somewhere in my stash - may need to hunt for it tomorrow after seeing your progress pic!! Love your work. Kevin

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...