Monday, August 27, 2018

A Little Stitchin'

Gentle Friends, well, I'm back on track with Smith Sampler... here's a snap...


... I made the turn on the upper border and got the right-hand tree done...  the floss changes I've made at this point are with the whites in the body of the stitching.   The recommended floss is supposed to be "Oatmeal Scone" and using this colour of silk when stitched on my linen just melts and fades into the background... I didn't care for that one bit.  So, I changed the bird to "Eiffel Tower" and the "leaves" on the tree to NPI 671 "Palest Pearl Gray" and I'm really happy with the results!!  

As an aside - I am - as I stitch along - really happy with this sampler. I was reticent at the beginning when digging through my stash to find my next project and in picking this sampler.  The photograph shows it as a very pale piece... but as I stitch along I am finding the silks are quite vibrant and strong, I like it and am really glad I went with this piece!!
____________________

There you go sports fans, thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

7 comments:

  1. I like the change, I always have a problem using white. The pattern photo looks great and yet my whites always disappear , I spend more time choosing the perfect while floss. I think I will do like you and go for a gray, looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love your blend of colors and, indeed, it is a vibrant piece,
    yet subtle... You certainly work at a pace...just loving the progress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely and your colour changes are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That piece has a beautiful border! Great color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The minute I saw this picture on your blog, I was struck by how beautifully vibrant the colors were. This is a beautiful piece. I am looking forward to watching your progress.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...