Thursday, March 23, 2017

Thrifty Thursday

Gentle Friends, running around Saturday turned up some things...
... I found a couple of pieces of transferware... the plate from a Goodwill and the great mug from an Antique Collective (Mall).  The plate dates to the mid-1840's and I've got lots of different plates, but this was only a couple of dollars and a nice blue...and the mug to the 1920's,   I usually don't buy green transferware but this was an exception, the large size is unusual and I can't pass on a great "farmers" cup - ever!!
____________

There you go sports fans, better hunting this weekend, there's a couple of estate sales that look promising!  Thanks for dropping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

5 comments:

  1. I always love seeing your hunt finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Edgar: Beautiful finds.
    I have my Grandfathers farmer cup, I love it.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

  3. Great finds. I love any transfer ware!! The blue plate is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cup. I very rarely see the green around here.....blues are fairly common but not at a couple of dollars! I'm thinking you must have a beautiful china cabinet. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these finds! You have such a good eye for treasures.

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...