Thursday, February 18, 2016

Thrifty Thursday

Gentle Friends, a few things we found over the weekend in our travels....

 ... a HTF book from Hollywood Photographer Murray Garrett, a great little parian ware pitcher, a sweet matryoshka, a Santa troll (Rico collects Trolls) a couple of other fun books and a DVD of a really super film from Spain, Pans Labyrinth - 2006 ( El Laberunto del Fauno)....

 ... it is a smaller matryoshka , but still there are 5 little dolls.....  and a real surprise....

... we found this cuckoo clock at one of the Estate Sales we hit, it is on the newer side and since we were near the close of the sale we picked it up for a terrific price, and Rico bought it for me!!  I've wanted on ever since my trip to Germany a few years ago.  I saw so many there but they were far beyond my what I wanted to pay and then ship home, so I've sort of been of the look out for one ever since.....  now it hangs in the living room and the little cuckoo pops out on the 1/2 hour and hour and  kind of drives the dogs a little more nuts than they usually are!!
__________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar


6 comments:

  1. There is a clock seller in my neighbourhood who has such expensive cuckoo's clocks!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul! The Kings and Queens of England book looks good. Oh, that troll brings back childhood memories. :) I wish I saved my trolls.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful clock. How wonderful of Rico to make it a gift for you. We saw them in Germany too and you are right, very expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That clock is beautiful. What a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My paternal grandmother had a cuckoo clock, fascinated me as a child, yours is stunning.

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...