Thursday, February 4, 2016

Thrifty Thursday

Gentle Friends, not much at all going on around here.... some silly football game, but other than that nothing, nada, zilch......my stitching is slow and not much to show - we did however get out last weekend to the shops and a couple of Estate Sales......

... I found a few things..  a book about the Regent and regency of Louis XV, a great, brilliant cut shot glass, a cute porcelain Woodstock, a Cornishware honey/jam jar in the rare yellow colour - from the mark stamped on the bottom I think it dates to the mid 1960's, I've always loved Cornishware and you never and I mean never see it over here in America very much, a 1967 Christmas Plate, 1st year of issue from the Bareuther, a sweet hand painted Nippon Nappie, and a painted Chicken.....

..... not just any painted chicken, when I picked her up it rattled and then I popped the bottom off and out fell 5 golden eggs....

.... and in each golden egg was a baby chick....  it was a great matryoshka and on the bottom is some Russian writing, that I've no clue what it says, but I am presuming the date it was made is 2000???  Any translators out there????  For some reason I am getting quite a collection of these wonderful things.......

________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by do stop again!

Take care,
edgar

16 comments:

  1. The matryoshka chicken is the best thing in possibly ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore the chicken!What a great find

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great find, normally Cornish ware is blue striped. I have seen a few green but never yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hen is an amazing find! I love it! Is the blue dish Roayl Kopenhagen?AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The chicken is wonderful. What a wonderful surprise inside. I love that yellow striped jam jar also. Your find such wonderful items.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shopping! I especially like that blue plate.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dearest Edgar: Wonderful finds, little Woodstock is so sweet. That Chicken is a hoot, and the eggs with their baby chicks love it.
    I look forward to your Thrifty Thursdays.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds, you don't often see old cornishware at sensible prices over here either

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the painted chicken is my favorite. What a find!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a collector of Cornish ware, the usual blue one though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a beautiful little chicken! And a great suprise to find treasure inside!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful little set of nesting dolls! We saw plenty of nesting dolls and lots of painted pieces when we were in Russia several years ago but never anything quite like your chicken. Wonderful find and my Russian-born son thinks we should look for one too now:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. As always, your goodies are great...especially that chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The writing on the bottom of the painted chicken is "Sadchikovy (that's a family name, the Sadchikovs - either they made this chicken or owned it), Sergiyev Posad (it is a town near Moscow, famous for having a very ancient monastery and also for being the possible birthplace of the Russian Matryoshka), year 2000"

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...