Tuesday, May 26, 2015

A Little Floral a Little Nosh and a Little Stitchy.....

Gentle Friends, it was one long 6 day weekend....and it just flew by... a few weekend things......

... again I placed flowers on the alter for my parents anniversary, and since it was Pentecost the colours were in the reds and yellows this year.
______________________

.....I made some chili using some fresh corn we found at the farmers market.... and since you can't have chili without jalapeno cornbread I made some of that also, yummy!!
____________________________

.... and I got a some stitching done on "Sojourner" - worked mostly on the middle section, I am so far behind the group it just ain't funny!!!!
________________

That's about it for today sports fans, hoping you had a super Memorial Day Weekend,
 now to welcome Summer.... and all that heat!!!!!

Take care,
edgar

11 comments:

  1. Lovely flowers in memory of your parents' anniversary. Your chili looks so yummy. We usually only think of having chili during the cold winter months. I just might have to try it in the warmer months too. Sojourner is looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The flowers both real and stitched are gorgeous. Now I want cornbread!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The flowers are just wonderful. The colors just perfect for the day! I love the idea of honoring the day your parents were married. The sampler is looking very good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers both in the church and on your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  5. bellissimo il ricamo e il chili sembra buonissimo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yum! Once again your food picture has gotten me. Looks delicious! Love how your stitching is looking. That is one gorgeous piece. Pretty flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flowers in my church were also rich reds for Pentecost.

    There are days I wish I could visit you just for the food Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh!! That chili looks delish! (Ha! When I first typed "delish" my phone autocorrected it "flesh"... No it does NOT look like flesh! Blech! Lol) and your stitching is beautiful as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been lurking on your blog for some time now, and enjoy all of your adventures! Just had to say what magnificent flowers in remembrance of your parents...they are truly gorgeous! I also adore your stitching and recipes...and flea market/vintage finds. thanks for sharing! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. The floral arrangement is beautiful--and so appropriate for Pentecost! The chili and cornbread look delicious and I can almost smell their goodness from here. You may be behind on the sampler but it is beautiful--that floral border is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Catching up on many blogs! So missed your blog alot. Hope to catch up with all your posting. I love the progress on the sampler. Gorgeous colors!!!

    Jennifer Fox
    Feathers in the Nest

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...