Wednesday, October 22, 2014

More Fall Stuff.....

Gentle Friends, I thought I would share some more of the Fall decorating that we do around the old homestead.....

.... we usually pick up flowers for the house every week, these came from Trader Joe's - and couldn't be nicer - I usually use this cut glass vase - one of my Mom's favorites - it was a wedding present to my grandparents in 1916 and now it's nice to see it and think of her...... you know I have to light my Hallowe'en candles ......

...... since we live in an apartment building we don't have the luxury of an elegant front porch or lovely doorway....... what we do have is - we're at the end of the hall  - a blank wall and corner to decorate..... so Rico sets to work with real and artificial stuff and the scarecrows his mom has given us over the years et voila - it's Fall in the Hall.  I think we are really the only ones in the building that decorate at all for any Holiday......
___________________

That's about it for today sports fans - thanks for stopping by do stop again !!

Take care,
edgar

15 comments:

  1. So nice to use your Mom/family flower vase--sweet memories

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Edgar: Rico did a faboulas job, so lovely, the flowers candle and little pumpkins are so sweet, the vase is beautiful, Thank-you for sharing these lovely pictures.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little Halloween space in the hall, how lovely to be greeted by that when you come home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful fall flowers! The colors are wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You put me to shame. I haven't put up my decorations up yet. I usually have everything decorated by the first week of October. But for some reason, this year I am lagging way behind schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very festive! I especially like the decor in the hall, how welcoming to all who pass by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for this day brightener Edgar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your fall in the hall! Fall is a favorite season for me. While at Trader Joes last week for flowers as well, I stumbled across pumpkin caramel Kringle. I 'bout tripped over myself trying to get to it. I walked out with FIVE of them. Great for gift giving this Thanksgiving. Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Edgar, I'm back from the SB retreat and got caught up on your blog. I loved the travel posts, thanks for sharing. :) And, as always I enjoy the others. Lovely fall décor.
    Lancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the fall arrangement Rico set up in the hallway. That's great that you give a bit of personality to your apartment entry :)
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your grandmother's vase is beautiful. Lovely fall decore and Rico's display is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great decorating! You do better than I do -- I don't decorate. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great decorating Edgar. I just love the flowers. Nothing beats having fresh flowers in a home. You and Rico keep up the good work! People that don't decorate, don't know what they are missing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous decorations, it's not a major thing here in the UK. Love the vase, even better that it evokes memories of your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...