Monday, October 20, 2014

A Little Stitching Post

Gentle Friends, I haven't posted any stitching in the longest time.  Not that I have been stitching - a little here and a little there, but I wanted to finish up the trip report first.  The two pieces I've been working on the most - outside of a couple of Exchange Pieces - are.......

........."Winter Wonderland" and......

"Rosy Morning" - both of these pieces were designed by Blackbird Designs....   with Rosy Morning, I really liked the idea of personalizing it with a family member, so I dug a bit on the old family tree and found Miss Martha Adelaide Hickox and the year of her birth - she is one of my Maternal G-G-Grandmothers and was from upstate New York.

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

18 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your travelogue very much, but I HAVE missed your stitching. Very glad to see the beautiful projects in progress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work--love incorporating family names into needlework--makes it all the more special

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rosy Morning is beautiful! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are such beautiful pieces. Looking forward to seeing your progress on them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely stitching!! Winter Wonderland is coming along beautifully! Just gorgeous colors--love it!!
    I think it's so clever that you used a family name & date! How special is that!?!?!
    Glad to see your exquisite stitching, although I did enjoy your trip photos immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two wonderful projects coming along beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both pieces are lovely Edgar.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful pieces! They must make you happy as you stitch them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Winter Wonderland! That chart is going on my wish list for sure. I also like the idea of personalizing Rosy Morning. It's a wonderful way to honor a loved one. As always, beautiful stitching.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are looking beautiful Edgar!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are winners Edgar. I am sooo
    still loving your trip photos. It's amazing what you miss the first time through. Perhaps you're considering another trip in the not to distant future ... I've heard Ireland is lovely in the spring. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of your WIPS are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both are lovely -- you've gotten so much done too! The Winter Wonderland is my favorite. The colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great stitching Edgar. I love Winter Wonderland, the little pops of red just make it sing

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your stitching is looking good! I really like both pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous stitching. Blackbird Designs are my favourite design company and the colours on Winter Wonderland are perfect. Happy stitching. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful pieces Edgar, lovely to add the family connection too.

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...