Friday, October 17, 2014

How About a little Thrifting......

Gentle Friends, I thought I would catch you up on some of the things I have been finding at the thrift shops and estate sales.....  a couple of weeks ago I found.....
... some fun stuff... a nice older silver tray and a really nice Victorian silver crumber, a couple of DVD's and a copy of Esther Williams biography..... last weekend I found a few things.....
.......a "life story" of Mary Stuart, a pair of 19th century reticulated Blue Willow trays, a super small Dresden plate, an old green handled 1/4 cup scoop and a really printing of Tennessee Williams, "The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone."  
____________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by have a super weekend!!!

Take care,
edgar

5 comments:

  1. Great finds, love the old scoop and John Thaw is wonderful in " Mister Tim". Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mary, John Thaw is amazing in Goodnight Mr Tom. This is a film I could - and have - watched many times. Irene xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds! That Looney Tunes is one of my favorite DVDs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Edgar: Love all your finds, the silver crunber is a super find I love the develish look of the face on the handle.
    Ester Williams, she was beautiful even in later years she died last year at 91.
    Ahh hollywood what a place to give us such great talent.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful finds. I just donated our copy of Ester Williams book. I got to meet her years ago and shes such a classy lady.

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...