Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday Musings

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends we start off another long work week !!  The City by the Bay has been bright and breezy even on the warm side for this time of year.  
_____________

Saturday found us doing our usual early morning run to Safeway - the supermarket - for our weekly grocery round up... then it was off to some Estate/house sales.  There were three in the city this weekend.  We even visited a Goodwill and Consignment shop but all I found was single thing...


I found this at one of the House Sales - it is about 8 ionces square and is pottery / tin glaze in the style of della Robbia - marked Italy, I think it is really great.  When I was in Italy I saw similar things all over the place, from Milan to Capri and did not pick one up then -  so now I have - and am very happy I did. Also, buying it from a house sale saved me about $30 - so I am happy about that also!!
__________

On Sunday after mass - we didn't feel like going out to breakfast so we stopped over in the Mission District at Dynamo Donut and Coffee


I fist heard about this place on the Food Channel  - I learn so much about SF from TV!! - and we have stopped off here often.  It used to be just this awning on the sidewalk  - but they have expanded to a seating area behind and inside and an open kitchen....


The seating is to the right and just behind were I am standing to take this snap of the bakers working...  when we got there nobody was there, but in a few seconds this line appeared...


We got our coffee's and treats to go and headed for home...


Inside the box.....


was a vanilla bean donut and one of their super sticky buns!!!  Just a super morning treat!!!!

The rest of the day we spent inside - I spent it stitching and movie watching.  I'll have a snap of some stitching in the morning.  I also whipped up a super easy.....


... Pineapple Upside Down cake - I debated the recipes and went with easy  - but, even though this was easy and quick - it is really delicious!!  I'll post the recipe in the morning.

__________

That's about it for today sports fans - thanks for stopping by -  Do stop again!

Take care,
edgar

11 comments:

  1. This must have been the weekend for donuts ... I got myself a vanilla glazed French Cruller at Dunkin' Donuts yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edgar...long-time reader/first-time commentator! I always enjoy your posts, we visted SF on an extended family vacation about 10 yrs ago and I fell in love with the city! I only wish I had known of Needle in a Haystack at that time (or maybe its a good thing I didn't...I get into enough trouble on their website!). Anyway, just wanted to say "hi". Your stitching is always beautiful...look forward to this week's photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find at the estate sale! I agree with you about TV. I love to watch shows when they visit Seattle-you get great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in pudding heaven looking at those delicious treats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooooo gorgeous puddings ... and well done on your estate find :)love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOoooh, that shop looks wonderful! I need a donut now. lol! Love the find from the Goodwill. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your find from the Goodwill. It's always finding something a lot cheaper than buying it when you actually see them and they cost so much more. Oh goodness, I love Pineapple Upside Down cake. Ymmm. Have you ever tried Pineapple Upside Down Gingerbread Cake. Same concept, except the cake is Gingerbread instead of yellow. It's very good also!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you picked up a great little icon. The doughnuts PUDC looked great and I bet they smelled out of this world.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no. I LOVE pineapple upside down and look at that sticky bun!!! AUGH!!! My SIL made them from scratch all the time with pecans and my socks would fly off. I'll be dreaming about this post tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a delicious post : ) Just had some dental work done yesterday & I'm in quite a bit of pain so no eating of these luscious treats till who knows when but YUM! Glad you found a bit of Italy at an estate sale : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great weekend! And all those yummies!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...