Friday, October 14, 2011

A Lovely Piece of Mail

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends once again I thank you for your kindness and ego boosting!!  I do love getting your comments and emails about my little projects and stitching.  I had a few emails and questions about the "ABC Noel" chart - I bought this a really long time ago when I first saw it and just do not remember where it came from.  I did a quickie search and found it HERE - I think that part of the expense is that there is a largish edelweiss bauble/charm as part of the design - so that may be why it is a bit on the high side.  I didn't work on it a bit last night - instead I was Mr frustrated stitcher as I am working on a ornament - or I should say I was working on an ornament - now I shifted gears and am working on another ornament - and leave it at that.  It will be my focus for the next couple of days and be in the mail on Monday - "Lord willing and the creek don't rise!!!!"
___________

I wanted to show you a snap of the lovely ornament that I received from Ellen S as part of the "Words of Christmas" HOE Exchange we took part in - 


It is a really cute little pocket ornament from Bent Creek - 1998 - I filled it with a bit of excelsior to fill it out as I am without any Christmas candy at the moment.  It will look super de duper on my little stitching tree I put up every year.  Thank you Ellen!!!
__________

 ... and that about wraps up the week for me - do stop back again!!  Have a great weekend!

Take care,
edgar

12 comments:

Nancy said...

What a beautiful ornament! It makes you wish the tree was up, doesn't it?

Penny said...

What a sweet little ornament. Looking forward to seeing your stitching tree.
Enjoy your weekend! :)

butterfly said...

Lovely ornament. Can't wait to see your tree in the coming weeks to Christmas.

Laurie in Iowa said...

The pocket ornament is so pretty... enjoy.

Mouse said...

that's cute :)apparently only 10 weeks to go eeeekkkkkk !!! hope you manage to get them done :) love mouse xxxx

Sharon said...

What a cute ornament! How fun to have so many ornaments stitched by sweet stitchers everywhere. What a priceless collection of "gifts from the heart"!
Sorry about the frustration part...I know ALL stitchers of every level have "been there, done that and bought the t-shirt".
Here's a question, maybe you've answered before? How did you begin stitching and how long have you been at it? You stitch the most beautiful pieces and have such darling finishings. I always love peeking in at your blog and seeing what you're up to - I'm never disappointed! :)

Nancy said...

Such a pretty little ornament! Thanks for the link!

CalamityJr said...

Sorry about the ornament you WERE stitching. Frustration does take the fun out of our hobby - er, obsession!

Catherine said...

Lovely piece your recieved!! Looking forward to seeing it on your tree this year!

DonnaTN said...

What a sweet ornament. You do receive some nice things through your exchanges. Have a great weekend and hopefully have a better stitching experience.

Anne said...

It's a super adorable ornament Edgar!! Can't wait to see all of your ornaments together on your tree!! I get a little frustrated too making ornaments, especially when things aren't working they way they should be!!

Patty C. said...

What a great exchange piece - Love it ;)