Friday, October 14, 2011

A Lovely Piece of Mail

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends once again I thank you for your kindness and ego boosting!!  I do love getting your comments and emails about my little projects and stitching.  I had a few emails and questions about the "ABC Noel" chart - I bought this a really long time ago when I first saw it and just do not remember where it came from.  I did a quickie search and found it HERE - I think that part of the expense is that there is a largish edelweiss bauble/charm as part of the design - so that may be why it is a bit on the high side.  I didn't work on it a bit last night - instead I was Mr frustrated stitcher as I am working on a ornament - or I should say I was working on an ornament - now I shifted gears and am working on another ornament - and leave it at that.  It will be my focus for the next couple of days and be in the mail on Monday - "Lord willing and the creek don't rise!!!!"
___________

I wanted to show you a snap of the lovely ornament that I received from Ellen S as part of the "Words of Christmas" HOE Exchange we took part in - 


It is a really cute little pocket ornament from Bent Creek - 1998 - I filled it with a bit of excelsior to fill it out as I am without any Christmas candy at the moment.  It will look super de duper on my little stitching tree I put up every year.  Thank you Ellen!!!
__________

 ... and that about wraps up the week for me - do stop back again!!  Have a great weekend!

Take care,
edgar

12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful ornament! It makes you wish the tree was up, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet little ornament. Looking forward to seeing your stitching tree.
    Enjoy your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely ornament. Can't wait to see your tree in the coming weeks to Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pocket ornament is so pretty... enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's cute :)apparently only 10 weeks to go eeeekkkkkk !!! hope you manage to get them done :) love mouse xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute ornament! How fun to have so many ornaments stitched by sweet stitchers everywhere. What a priceless collection of "gifts from the heart"!
    Sorry about the frustration part...I know ALL stitchers of every level have "been there, done that and bought the t-shirt".
    Here's a question, maybe you've answered before? How did you begin stitching and how long have you been at it? You stitch the most beautiful pieces and have such darling finishings. I always love peeking in at your blog and seeing what you're up to - I'm never disappointed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty little ornament! Thanks for the link!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry about the ornament you WERE stitching. Frustration does take the fun out of our hobby - er, obsession!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely piece your recieved!! Looking forward to seeing it on your tree this year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet ornament. You do receive some nice things through your exchanges. Have a great weekend and hopefully have a better stitching experience.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a super adorable ornament Edgar!! Can't wait to see all of your ornaments together on your tree!! I get a little frustrated too making ornaments, especially when things aren't working they way they should be!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great exchange piece - Love it ;)

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...