Wednesday, May 2, 2018

A Little Dinner

Gentle Friends, Rico was down in the Valley over the weekend visiting his family so the Who Hounds and I were on our own.  I did my usual laundry, vacuuming and reagular house cleaning kind of stuff... but I also wanted to do something fun which meant hooking up with some friends and headed to a great seafood restaurant for dinner - 

..."Catch" is a really nice upscale restaurant in the Castro and it was the first time I'd ever been here...

... we sat down and of course ordered some cocktails... I had a Catch Sour - bourbon, lime juice, agave nectar with a red wine float....  delicious!!  You can see behind my drink my friends cocktail a Cucumber Jalapeno Margarita - tequila, muddled cucumber, jalapeno, agave nectar, lime juice with a tajin rim... also delicious!!

... and the third drink on the table was a Berry Lemon Drop - vodka, lemon juice and mixed berry puree.... delish!

 ... the menu...

 ... I started off with a bowl of french onion soup that was very good!!

.... one of my dinner mates instead of ordering a full dinner ordered a bowl of the soup of the day which was a lobster bisque with truffle oil... and two sides ...

 ... tarragon risotto with butternut squash...


... and parmesan mashed potatoes...

 .... I also didn't want a full dinner so I ordered a Starter of calamari and... 

 .... a side of roasted asparagus with lemon aioli...
it was totally the right choice and was so very good!!!

...my other dinner mate went for a dinner and ordered the grilled wild salmon with black-eyed peas...
______________

.... we were sitting around for a while after dinner talking so I needed another drink...
 and got a Dark and Stormy...  we finally made a decision about dessert...

... so two of us ordered dessert a dark chocolate brownie with pecan praline gelato.... and I got...


.... a cup of coffee and an order of  Vanilla Creme Brulee!! A perfect ending to a fun dinner!!
______________

There you go sports fans thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

7 comments:

  1. This meal looks fantastic! I really want to eat there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that all makes me hungry and I just ate dinner!!YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh... I am not much for cucumber, but a tajin rimmed jalepeño margarita sounds delicious. I will pull down the tajin and rim my glass the next time I make myself a margarita.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm salivating just looking at the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Edgar: Oh my that food and drinks look yummy, its always so nice to meet up with friends.
    A couple of my guy friends are in San Fran this week coming home today, I never thought of asking if you would like to meet them, so sorry, maybe next year.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zowie! Awesome ! I'm now starving!

    MaryO1230

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...