Thursday, February 8, 2018

A Little Stitchin'

Gentle Friends, over the weekend I found some interesting things on our usual journey through the thrift and consignment shops....

... I found this great sterling "Pansy Bowl" and after cleaning it up...

it turned out pretty nice!!   The Nativity triptych is a great find and that when it is folded up the has a "night on the desert" kind of painting on the outside ...  I think it was made in the 1940's or so just from the way it is made and the painted images ... I also found the beautiful old lustreware plate with hand painted decoration that dates to ca. 1810 or so...

____________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by !!  Do stop again soon!!

Take care,
edgar

10 comments:

  1. Dearest Edgar: You have some beautiful finds, that pansy plate is amazing.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pansy bowl is gorgeous, lucky you. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Edgar, I'm curious to know about the "turtle" bowl. My Mom, who died last July had a set of luncheon dishes in a similar green leaf motif. I know nothing about it and wondered if you have any info.

    Susan from Ontario, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  4. That bowl cleaned up just wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds. The pansy bowl is amazing. The triptych is clever that it can be used all year depending on whether it is open or closed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds as always... the bowl is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds again. Adorable turtle planter, and as always what is your secret to polishing silver? Pansy bowl is very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Edgar! It’s been quite the year around our little abode, so I decided to take a blogging break. Sadly, that also morphed into not visiting all the wonderful blogs that I’ve loved so much. But, that is changing this year! I’ve loved my visit back to your blog and I look forward to many more visits in the future! Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lucky finds, the turtle is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. loved the pansy bowl, but you left out the McCoy turtle. I went to my favorite thrift store this past weekend and found a beautiful silver serving bowl that is stamped "chippendale" and 2 McCoy planters.

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...