Monday, December 11, 2017

A Little Stitchin

Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Christmas garden and here's where I left off yesterday.....


... as you can see I've introduced another green into the sampler.  I thought about staying with the single, lighter shade of green but with three pine trees in the pattern and this being a "winter" sampler I wanted to include a darker green... and now that I see it stitched in I'm really happy with the results!!
______________

Yesterday was the second Sunday of Advent and Mass included lighting the second candle on the Advent Wreath...  


... this second candle is called the Bethlehem Candle or the Candle of Preparation...

As is written in the book of the words of Isaiah the prophet:  ‘A voice of one calling in the desert, ‘Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.  Every valley shall be filled in, every mountain and hill made low.  The crooked roads shall become straight, the rough ways smooth.  And all mankind will see God’s salvation.‘ ~ Luke 3:4-6
_______________

There you go sports fans, thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

11 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, I do love their designs because they are so timeless. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress on Christmas Garden, Edgar. It looks beautiful and I love the darker shade of green that you added. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A little stitching ???? amazingly swift.. like your choice of greens.
    A blessed Advent season....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors! Am enjoying seeing it come along. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such an eye for color! Beautiful choice of colors and verse. Thank you for posting it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Edgar, I love the colors in your sampler so much. They're so Christmasy. It's looking wonderful, and you're doing a great job so far. I also love the pic of your advent wreath. It's beautiful. I remember doing the wreath every year as a kid, but somewhere along the way, we've lost the tradition. I hadn't even thought of it in years, till I saw yours. Thanks for bringing back many happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is beautiful. Missing a red flower/berry in the lower left corner?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good, Edgar!
    Thanks for sharing Advent with us, I'm enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had the same reading in Church for Advent on Sun. Love the way Garden is shaping up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work on the sampler! Lovely Advent thoughts! Wishing you and yours the most wonderful of holidays! I so enjoy reading your blog!

    Best,
    MaryO1230
    San Pedro, CA

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...