Wednesday, December 20, 2017

A Little Christmas Lunch

Gentle Friends, last week we had our annual Company Holiday Lunch.  This year we all headed to Downtown SF to a restaurant I'd never heard of or been to...... "delarosa - a Roman Styled Pizzeria"

 .... I got there on the early side so instead of sitting at the bar ..... I headed over to St Patrick's Church around the corner on Mission Street.  Founded in 1851 and rebuilt in 1906 after the earthquake.  It's a lovely space and so quiet in the midst of downtown and everything going on....  here's some snaps...


... it's gothic revival and dwarfed by the buildings around it...


 ... the inside has loads of green marble in the panels of the walls and the columns.....


 ... even the organ loft is decorated for Christmas....

... and marching along the wall are the Stations of the cross...  in bas-relief...

... and the windows are wonderful Saints depicted in stained glass... if you ever get to the City a lovely Landmark to see is this super Church!!
_______________

Back to the lunch...  the restaurant is set up with long tables and serves "family style."

... this is our table ....  the food came out in courses...

... first out was a nice Caesar Salad... they have a really well-stocked bar and so we ordered drinks....



..I ordered an Aperol Spritz which is made up of...Aperol, seltzer, orange ....
.
.. next out was a really delicious dish of roasted Brussel sprouts!!

... then came meatballs....

 ..and finally, the delicious pizza came....  and it was time for another drink and I ordered....

... a really super Salty Dog!!
_______________
  
 ... after Pizza, it was time for dessert...  John ordered Bomboloni Caldi - the fresh donuts with sauces.... and I ordered a... 

... Tiramisu....

... it was a delicious lunch and we had a super time!!!
______________

There you go sports fans, thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Edgar, I’m now seeking the quietness of a beautiful church, starving and dying to bake. I guess I’ll go work on the baking part. I wish you a very blessed and merry Christmas. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful church! I imagine the Christmas Eve service there is very moving. Lunch looked terrific. Tiramisu is one of my favorite deserts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The roasted brussel sprouts, pizza and meatballs all look wonderful...but that tiramisu looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The windows in the church are exquisite! Just looking at the photos felt peaceful and serene. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Your lunch looked delicious and I'm sure a good time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just looking at the church in pictures left me feeling somewhat peaceful. You always take some pretty good pictures. Lunch looked pretty good too!

    ReplyDelete

A Damp Weekend

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah, and here's a snaperoo... ... I like all the little bits of "wonky" that are pa...