Tuesday, December 12, 2017

A Little Baking

Gentle friends, once again this year I am in the kitchen baking up some treats for family and friends near and far..... and this past weekend was the weekend to pull it all together..... in the past I've done jams, jellies, candy and other things - this year I decided to make Biscotti... I found two really delicious recipes over at Sallys Baking Addiction a super cooking Blog that I read all the time.....


 ... the two recipes I made were a "White Chocolate with Pistachio and Cranberry Biscotti" and a "Christmas Spice with Orange and Walnut Biscotti"  the Spice/Orange with Walnuts one was based on her Dark Chocolate and Orange Biscotti, I tweaked the spices by deleting the cinnamon and adding a heaping teaspoon of my own Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend, since both recipes called for the same amount of cinnamon I wanted them to be a little more different in the flavour profile than the same..... and it worked a treat!!!


... here's a snap of them all ready for packing up!!  They are really GOOD biscotti and not dry and hard as so many of them tend to be... Sally hit a home run with this recipe!! 
______________

That's about it around the old homestead sports fans, thanks again for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

8 comments:

  1. I don't know which I like best. Your stitching, your Tag sale finds, or your baking! All are equally wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I have been reading your blog for years and I think this is the first time I commented. About time Huh? A very Merry Christmas to you Edgar and all those you love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have very lucky family and friends!! I just love biscotti.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thevstitching, tag sales, baking...and...restaurant reports & Who Hounds! Merry Christmas Edgar, to you & your whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm like Theresa - I've been reading your blog for a couple of months and have never left a comment - until now. Your stitching is amazing - and your biscotti looks yummy - but I REALLY like the plate UNDER the biscotti in the first photo. Is that a Copeland pattern? I have some pieces with an orange/gold pattern very similar to yours - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look just wonderful, Edgar! And such a big number of them all lined up! Did dipping the chocolate take an age!? Thanks for sharing the pics and recipe. :) Now that I'm all done with moving, I want my Christmas break project to be getting what I have for you mailed to you! (Just have to "find" the box it's in! XD lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The biscotti looks delicious. But then, your baking always makes me wish I could eat sweets with no regard to blood sugar levels.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Edgar: I love biscotti, I have made them in the past its a process to do them but love giving them, I like the idea of eliminating the cinnamon and adding the pumpkin spice I bet the were yummy.


    Merry Christmas
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...