Thursday, February 16, 2017

A Little Finish

Gentle Friends, well, I finished up Sarah much quicker than I thought I would so here's a final snaperoo of my finish...

"The Sarah Maddock Sampler - 1810" from Simply Samplers
11/20/2016 - 2/14/2017
36ct Barn Owl 
Stitched using my conversion from charted DMC Floss to Belle Soie 
(Classic Colorworks Overdyed Silk)
___________________
... I thoroughly enjoyed this piece from the start to the last stitch.  Not only was the border really fun to stitch but the different alphabets each with a different stitch and colour was lots of fun.  I love the use of different colors for the trees and the "blue" spruce trees in the signature line is a great addition.
___________________

Here's my conversion from the charted DMC to Belle Soie (Classic Colorworks Silk) and HDF Silk

DMC 224 - Terra Potta
DMC 422 - Scarecrow
DMC 500 - Enchanted Forest
DMC 829 - Limited Edition Brown 
DMC 841 - HDF Jackalope 
(an overdyed silk that is no longer made)
DMC 924 - Mer Blue
DMC 926 - Ocean Tide
DMC 927 - Puritan Blue
DMC 928 - Eiffel Tower
DMC 3053 - Fern frond
Grass - Ivy League
Grapes - Elegant Eggplant
__________________

I've started another piece and will Post about that on Monday.  
That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

26 comments:

  1. So pretty! Thank you so much for giving your color conversion. I'm saving it. Looking forward to seeing what you've started. I think Sarah will be hard to top!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Can't wait to see what is next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go and congratulations on your finish, Edgar! Sarah is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Edgar: Congratulations on finishing the stitching, this truly is a lovely design.
    I hope you are having great weather.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!

    That is wonderful! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's beautiful!

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is just the loveliest sampler. I love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the gorgeous finish Edgar. Your Valentine flowers are stunning.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very lovely. Looking forward to seeing what you stitch up next. : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has been one of my favorites of your stitching projects to follow. I fell in love with the border, but each update just kept revealing more and more to love about this pattern. Terrific finish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful sampler. Thanks so much for the conversion just in case this one lands on my to do list. Your color choices are great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratultions on another beautiful finish! I'm totally in love with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woo Hoo! Another amazing sampler finish! Really love your color conversion.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just lovely. I love seeing old fashioned sampler like this, I must admit to always being a little nervous that the border won't match and then I would have to unpick the lot. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your beautiful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful finish. It DOES look like it would be fun to stitch with all of the colors. Do you normally stitch one piece at a time or do you have more than one WIP going?
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another gorgeous finish, Edgar!
    Congratulations,
    Lancy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Exquisite..... you are such an inspiration. Many thanks for sharing
    the color conversion...Sarah would be proud. On to the next.... You
    challenge us always and you so enjoy needling... that's the fun...

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's just beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing your colour conversion.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Edgar -

    Wonderful finish. Love it! Thanks for sharing this beautiful piece. I so love the ducks!

    MaryO1230
    San Pedro, CA

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...