Wednesday, February 22, 2017

A Little Baking

Gentle Friends, for the past couple of weeks I've been without an oven so there has been no baking at my house.  The story starts two weeks ago when I got a wild hair to make some Biscotti.  I found a recipe and whipped up the dough.  I got ready for the first bake and found that my oven wasn't preheating... on closer inspection, I found that the element had broken.  So.... I slapped the dough in a ziplock bag and into the freezer it went, at that point I had no idea what freezing the dough would do, but I really had no choice.  We eventually got a new oven (instead of just replacing the element) in place of the old one this past Saturday.  I thawed out the dough and baked it up Sunday and they turned out pretty good if I do say so myself.....

...  I think the main reason I wanted to make some is I could make them crunchy without being so hard you could break a tooth.  I found the recipe at Serious Eats - Serious Cookies: Pistachio - Cherry Biscotti.  I swapped out the Pistachios for Pecans, but the rest of the recipe I left alone.
_______________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

8 comments:

  1. Ohhhh these look yummy!

    Well, of course you put pecans in it, you are after all Southern! :)

    Now, I'd love to see what you do with grits. Not just cheese or cream, but do you make them any other way or use them as a back group for something?

    Wishing you a lovely day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love biscotti and yours looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. (((Grin))) You are a true Southerner - switching out the pistachios and adding pecans. Your biscotti looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't they look fantastic!? That sounds like a very trying oven story--glad these biscotti came through safely (if with rather a wait!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those biscotti look wonderful!!! And yes, pecans are definitely the right thing to use!!!

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...