Thursday, January 28, 2016

Thrifty Thursday

Gentle Friends, once again we were out and about "thrifting" over the weekend.  I found a few fun things and something I've looked for on and off for a long time.....


... here's a snap of the haul... from the top... a fun little toy from "Nightmare Before Christmas" of Lock, Shock and Barrel in their tub going after Sandy Claws - I do love that film...  it is sitting on a super redware plate with some great slipware flowers, and although its really not me, I think this is a great plate... now what to do with it???....  We got to a couple of Estate Sales and I found a hanging cast iron receipt holder - and the prize of the day was a nice miniature portrait - and although it was broken in two (being painted on white glass), it was the frame I was after.......  and here's the story...


.....  I've had two of these miniatures since we broke up my mom's house a few years ago.  The one of my mother in the "new" frame I've had since we broke up my grand parents house over a decade ago, it was in a less than attractive leather frame and I've been looking for years for one that - 1) fit and 2) I liked and 3) could afford.....  it all came together on Saturday in this frame.... so now I have out the set of three, my mom, my grandmother and great grandmother......
_________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

8 comments:

  1. beautiful frames and it is always so nice to have family photos. You have a knack for finding great items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your frame is perfect! The set of the "mothers" looks great together

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family of ladies are very attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the old fashioned pictures and the frames are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so great that you finally found the perfect frame.e What a great little display.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just great that you found the right frame for the grouping. I love the redware plate! You had a very good week-end of thrifting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely! I'm glad you were able to find a frame that worked. I wish I had more time to thrift....that's when you gotta just make time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. very lovely grouping

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...