Thursday, July 30, 2015

Thrifty Thursday

Gentle Friends, in addition to the Shortbread pan I showed you the other day I found a few other fun things this past weekend.....


.........we hit the usual thrift/consignment stores and a pretty decent Estate Sale. I picked up the lovely engraved silver salver, the WWI Armistice cup and the DVD at thrift stores..... and the pudding mold, the vintage Imari bowl and the "Irish Names" book at the Estate Sale.  It was a pretty decent day for finding things!!  I've been wanting a pudding mold forever, and just didn't want to drop $50 on one that I knew I would use once or maybe twice a year.  This one (that looks unused and basically new) I picked up for a $1 - woo hoo!!  Now, I need to find a great old recipe for a steamed pudding a la Dickens to serve this Christmas. 
_____________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

6 comments:

  1. Great score on the pudding mold. There are some items on my own wish list that I just don't want to pay full retail price for. I will have to keep my eyes open at our local thrift stores.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Edgar: Wow that pudding mold is a great find, William Sonoma has them for so much money it is not worth it.
    You are so lucky in your finds.
    Thank-you for sharing with us.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, What a great haul this week! You always find the coolest things.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always find good things. Enjoy the pudding mold!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are the most magnificent shopper!!! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ilove the fact that you use your finds. So do I.

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...