Thursday, July 23, 2015

Thrifty Thursday

Gentle Friends, the weekend is almost here but last Saturday I picked up some fun things.......

....  a nice acid etched pair of compotes, an 1886, 3 volume set of "English Constitutional History" by Hallam, , a great little brown transfer ware creamer and an extra large coffee cup from the "Louisiana Purchase Exposition," or as it is more commonly know as...
the 1904 St. Louis World's Fair (think "Meet Me in St Louis"). 
___________________

That's about it for toady sports fans.  Thanks for stopping in, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

3 comments:

  1. I'd say you did very well. I love old books for decorating(not usually for reading). I know I would not be able to handle "English Constitutional History"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You find the best stuff! Those books are lovely--I agree with Barb--I probably wouldn't read them, but they sure would look great in a room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always seem to come across some lovely treasures.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...