Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Some Weekend Stitchin'

Gentle Friends, the long weekend has come and gone, now it's officially Fall - in my mind at least!!  This is a short week for me so I shouldn't complain.  This week really is a 3 day countdown until I'm winging my way to the Aquitaine then on to Paris.  Over the weekend I went a stocked up on travel toiletries and gathered up my notes for the trip.  I never travel without a folder of information - even if I've been to a place a few times I still have my "lists" of things to see and do, and new places to eat - along with the sketchy maps I draw.  I don't like being labeled a tourist on the street, or being seen unfolding some gigantic map or travel book trying to figure out were I am or were I'm going - so I draw small maps that way I only pull a single sheet of paper out for reference, and not be so obvious...... less chance of trouble or being targeted in sketchy areas or on public transport - which happens all the time - just read some of the horror stories online. 

I've never had a problem, ever, anywhere, with anyone in all my travels - and I'd like it to stay that way - but I'm also not pushy, loud, obvious or make a nuisance of myself - as I've witnessed my fellow Americans in situations and places I've been such as...... London, Nice, Rome, Berlin and Paris - this people who I am sure, or would hope are perfectly nice folks, but they just loose it while on tour, and forget they are guests in another country and fail to remember their basic good manners...... I could go on and on....... but I've droned on enough for today.

........here's some snaps of where I'm at with the three little samplers I'm working on.........

.... Winter Wonderland......

..... Rosy Morning......

... and Summer Harvest......

I also started on an Exchange Piece for a Fall exchange, but that will have to be kept a secret until after it's sent to it's new Home.
______________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

18 comments:

  1. I am sure you will have a safe and wonderful trip. I too am a list person on a trip but love your idea of little drawn maps. Will use that trick for sure.
    Love the stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lovely, lovely! It makes me happy to see these 3 smaller pieces grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great trip! And you are absolutely right in what you are saying in the first paragraph!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No smartphone, Edgar? Yes, they can be obnoxious if they're never put away, but for finding my way around, my phone is invaluable.

    Love your WIPs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK....you didn't finish them but you made good progress. I'm thinking I made have to purchase Rosy Morning, it's lovely. I'm looking forward to pictures from you trip and those wonderful description of each. Have fun and stay safe!

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your travels are safe and your visit is glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your travels are safe and your visit is glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are going to visit Sajou while you are in Paris!
    http://coudreetbloguer.org/le-decor-de-cousu-main-cest-celui-de-la-mercerie-sajou/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your stitching! All are beautiful! You are very smart with your travel prep. I like your style! I hope you have a wonderful trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, we Americans need to have good manners when we travel, even in our own country. I do love all the WIPS . The Rosy Morning border is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All three starts look so fab! Wishing you safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your short week and your trip. I know what you mean about tourists. I have yet to make it to Europe, but I plan to be as calm and gracious there as I am when on vacation here in the USA. I never understand why people think being brash and impolite will make them get the treatment they expect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful stitching
    Wishing you safe travel xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a safe journey and a wonderful time.
    Stitching looks superb!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Winter Wonderland is going to look great when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful stitching, these are just my kind of design and I know already that I will love them made up. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your samplers are looking gorgeous, great progress

    Have a great holiday

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...