Friday, August 22, 2014

Some Fun Friday Things

Gentle Friends,  a couple of fun things that came in the mail yesterday........

First up would have to be the tangible proof that my trip is coming up........

....  I read over and over on travel boards and postings about Paris -  how much time you could save by buying a ticket on line to visit the Louvre. Early on I thought it might be nice to spend some time walking through the wonderful galleries.  I've visited this great Museum a couple of times int he past, but not for a few years, so it is something I am looking forward to.....  and notice there is "priority access" through the Richelieu Passage for ticket holders - I love circumventing long lines!!!!!
____________

Last Saturday in conjunction with the St Charles Market, Beth over at Heartstring Samplerery, released her 100th chart.....


 called "His Eye is on the Sparrow."  I've been watching with great anticipation her stitching away on the wonderful sampler for the past few months, and couldn't wait to place my order on her Etsy Store!!  It's a piece I can;t wait to start!!!
_______________

And, the puppy snaperoo for today is ........

.... Smokie chewing away on one of his Hallowe'en Toys!!  It's an epidemic at my house, this love of Fall and Hallowe'en!!!
______________

That wraps up the week sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by, do stop a gain.... have a super weekend!!!

Take care,
edgar

14 comments:

  1. You are a smart traveler! Beth's new design is lovely, will be watching for your start and progress. Glad the Who Hounds are on board with fall

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun for you! The excitement must be building up for your trip :) That is a beautiful sampler! Do you think you will use the recommended colors and fabric or change them out?

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trip sounds so exciting. I love it when bloggers go on such wonderful trips! I feel like I went to England and France with Beth last summer. Such a cute photo of the Who Hound!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You must be so excited about going to Paris!

    I look forward to seeing your version of your new sampler pattern, and I just want to pet Smokie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like that new sampler--I anxiously watched it being stitched, too! It is really lovely.
    Paris--what fun!!!
    That is a precious little orange bone toy--almost as big as your dog!
    Please check out my fun Prairie Schooler giveaway!
    asymphonyofstitches.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your trip sound so lovely :)
    Have lots of fun dear and I can't wait to see photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paris!! You lucky person, kiss the ground for me. Many moons again I lived in France for 18 months and spent 6 of them in Paris. The galleries and museums are my favourite part. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting your upcoming trip..the sampler is gorgeous will be watching for your progress....

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting to think about your upcoming trip! It will be fun to read about it and see your pictures!

    That sampler is amazing! You will have to fill us in on how big it will be, and what fabric you are going to use. It looks huge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to watch you stitch 'His eye is on the sparrow'. And I always love the photos of your chihuahuas!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We were in Paris in July. You are so lucky. Consider going to the Musee D'Orsay as well, so beautiful and not far from the Louvre. Have a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have fun and missing long lines will be a big plus!
    I also fell for the pattern. Have it ordered and should be in the mail to me today. Looking forward to the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...