Gentle Readers and Dear Friends I wanted to take a minute and thank you for you kind comments about yesterday post. I usually don't use my Blog to pontificate about an issue, but I just couldn't let that go - so once again thank you for your patience!!
I was tagged by Tam over at "I Want to do One More Stitch" with the "11 Question Game" that is going around the Blog's. I tied to come up with a list of bloggers that I thought would like to play along but so many have been tagged at this point that - instead of passing on the Game - I will answer not only the 11 Questions for me but also the two sets of Questions she was tagged with..... I hope enjoy learning just a bit more about me and my nuttiness!!!
Questions from Tam -
1) Favorite pattern ever stitched - show a snap - I have so many, but one of my favorites would have to be CHS Alphabet -
2) Favorite Junk food to have while stitching? I don't eat at all while I am stitching, I always have something to drink - tea, coffee, Gatorade, but never any food near my stitching.
3) Your Favorite Blog to Visit? - There are way to many to name.
4) Do you leave comments on Blogs? I do if I have something to say, usually I am so far behind in reading them that I am constantly playing catch up.
5) Do you reply to your comments on your Blog? When I can I try to - especially if there is a question in the comment. It is hard if the comment is a "no-reply" type then I have to leave the commenter just hanging, but I try.
6) Your favorite thread to work with? Hands down Belle Soie - love the feel, love the colours - just love the stuff - but any over dyed floss I think is great just for the variation in colour you can achieve.
7) Do I know a male stitcher? Not personally - I know of a few - like 3 - I am sure there are more out there.
8) What is the biggest stitched piece you have stitched? That would be a toss up between Village at HRH or Shores at HRH - just the amount of stitching they take make them are large pieces.
9) What is the furthest away you have travelled to go to a stitching store, what was it called? I have never purposely travelled a distance to get to a stitching store, but when I travel I always try and find a store... One that I visited when in Florida in December was Brick City Cross Stitch.
10) Favorite tool to use when stitching? Would have to be my Ott Light
11) Do I like stitching for others or for yourself and why? It depends on what and who - I do enjoy stitching things for those that appreciate the time and effort it takes..
Now, questions from Trina -
1) Why do you love stitching? It's creative, to a point, and it keeps me off the streets!!
2) Do you have a favorite genre/type of pattern that you like to do? I do love doing samplers.
3) Have you ever had to re-stitch a pattern? No, but I have restitched something I liked or thought someone else would like.
4) How often do you try to stitch a week? I stitch every day, it is rare when I don't do a little stitching every evening.
5) What DMC colours do I lean towards? The more dull earth tones seem to pop up most often.
6) How did I come to stitch? Although my Mom stitched as did my Granny.... in college I had a roommate, Louann, and she taught me how to stitch.
7) Do I have favorite stores to buy stitching from? My LNS Needle in a Haystack, but I also like Needlecraft Corner and 123 Stitch, for online stuff.
8) Do I have a favorite designer? I like quite a few, but the top three would be - Prairie Schooler, Blackbird Designs and Heartstring Sampler.
9) Do I have a stitching Blog? Yes
10) Have I read fictional books about stitching? No
11) How many times a week would I say I visit other stitchers Blogs? I try an read some every day. I do not touch the computer over the weekends - Only M-F.
and now some questions from Janye -
1) How do I feel about blended threads as in T Wentzler's projects? I like using a single piece of floss on high count linen - so I guess I don't care for them.
2) Do I launder my projects before framing? No, never. I use way to much over dyed floss to take a chance. I keep my hands clean and the area I work in spotless so there is not a problem of getting my stitching dirty.
3) How do I feel about the lack of colour fast in all the flosses now? It really is of no concern - I like the colour choices of over dyed and the overall look of the stuff. I try to be really careful and have had no problems thus far - knock on wood!!
4) When you begin a project with a black and white chart how do you choose which symbol to begin with? I usually start in the upper left hand corner regardless of the symbol.
5) Do I do my own framing? I have done lots of my own framing, but some pieces are just not a standard size - so those have to be professional framed.
6) Do I choose my own mats and molding or let someone else tell me what I would like? I always choose my own moldings and they way a piece will be framed.
7) Pins or lace? Pins
8) Do I have any wall space for a new project? There is always room for a new piece to go up on the wall.
9) Have I ever gifted a finished piece right off the wall because someone really liked it? No
10) Would I stitch it again for myself? No
11) Do I have a group of friends whom I share the love of stitching with on a regular basis? Yes, all my Blog Buddies!!! It's what keeps me coming back to mu Blog!!!!
Well, I hope you enjoyed learning just a bit more about me.
Thanks for stopping by, do stop again!! Have a great weekend!!