Thursday, November 3, 2011

Dia de los Muertos

Gentle readers and Dear Friends  - no rain yet... but it is on the way - and - the temps have dropped noticeably.  

I spent last night working out some upcoming Exchange pieces and boy once again I find that my stash heap is just OOC (out of control!!)  Thank goodness I have some size requirements, but I was finding things that I had totally forgotten I had - and now want to go and start.  I refrained from any crazy new starts and after I had spent a good portion of the evening fiddling with stash I picked up my "ABC Noel" and worked an little on it - but not enough to warrant a snap.
__________

Last night in the Mission the celebration of Dia de los Muertos was held.  Rico went down with a friend and took my camera so I have some snaps of the festival of the Altars held in Garfield Park.  Here are his snaps...












and for Steve jobs....






________________

I found this great traditional Day of the Dead Procession on You Tube -

____________

There you go sports fans - thanks for stopping by, do come again!!

Take care,
edgar

7 comments:

  1. What an interesting tradition. We don't have anything like that here in Ohio. Thanks for sharing. I learned something new today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a person of Celtic descent, I can't help but see all the overlap of Halloween [All Hallow's Eve], All Saint's Day, All Souls Day and Samhain. While not quite the same as the Day of the Dead, it's similar enough to see the underlying human-ness of different cultural traditions. We need that connection with those who have gone before and those who will come after. Thanks for the clip of the Day of the Dead procession. I found it quite moving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack! Missed my chance to get Pan de Los Muertos again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the clip of the Day of the Dead celebration. I've heard of this tradition but have never seen any photos from it. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Edgar, Those Day of the Dead photos are so interesting!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful, bright and yes happy way to celebrate lost ones. Love the Steve Jobs one :@
    LiBBiE in Oz

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...