Monday, October 25, 2010

A Rainy Weekend

GR&DF the last two days where very wet here in SF. The rain was so needed and may be the onset of a very wet Winter. I remember when I first moved here from Florida. The first couple of winters were so rainy and windy I couldn't believe it, but the past few years have been very dry with very little rain. So this wet winter to be will be a welcome change back to our regular weather pattern.

Saturday and Sunday where very much stay at home days. I only ran to the grocery store on Saturday morning - the rest of the time I was either, running up and down the stairs for Rico, cooking something, doing laundry or cleaning something in the house. I can tell Rico is getting better because yesterday Rico took a sort of shower, propped up on the side of the tub with his leg in a plastic bad thing - he got to get the his first shower in 5 days. He was saying that he itched all over. Trying to keep everything fresh - I have been changing the sheets every couple of days - so that adds to the piles of laundry.

I got some stitching done here is a piece I can show you....

The snap is pretty crappy, with the light house being all twisty, but you get the idea. Not my usual thing to stitch but it is for a Christmas present, so I need to get it finished and framed. The linen is a really nice blue colour but here it looks all grey. I borrowed the idea of stitching it on blue from Melodee - thanks for the great idea!! I need to add the clouds and the title. I have recharted the name and date and will put them more in the body of the piece and not along the bottom as the original chart has them.

I made something out of these....

and will post in on the other Blog in the next day or so.

There you go sports fans - short and sweet!! Thanks for stopping by, do come again.

Take care,
edgar

10 comments:

  1. We're going to be calling you St. Edgar by the time poor Rico is recouperated. It's never easy being the caregiver or the patient...sounds like you're doing a great job! Congrats to Rico for making progress...those first plastic bag showers take a LOT of determination and "grunting" through. Prayers going out for both of you...
    I LOVE the lighthouse! Stitching it on that fabric really makes it pop! Is that by any chance the lighthouse at Ponce Inlet in FL? The color reminds me of that one so much....As always, your stitching is so very lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Rico is improving and you're surviving being the do-er! I remember doing the plastic bag thing -- not fun! Nice present for whoever it's for -- I love lighthouses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. heh, And here I was thinking what a great piece of grey fabric for the lighthouse. It looks just like the sky outside!

    I actually chose grey fabric for the lighthouse piece I need to do for my in-laws beach house.

    Glad to hear Rico is getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, but lighthouse looks like a lot of work! Seems like you really love the recipient and they'd better appreciate it--lol!

    Ugh; so good that Rico was able to shower; I would totally hate that myself, and be miserable to be around if it happened to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have our rainy day today, but it's starting to clear up now. I love the lighthouse!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the lighthouse. The blue with red makes a nice contrast and the red just pops... lovely. Great to have a shower eh Rico...been there...poor you, it will be over soon. Will check out the apple recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lighthouse looks great, Edgar - I can't wait to see what you do with the title! Glad Rico's getting better -I'll bet you're glad too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The above comment from "anonymous" is from me - I somehow managed to not put my name on it!!!

    Melodee (just in case I do it wrong again!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have made a series of three lighthouses on pale blue evenweave and framed it in on eframe with three openings and it looks great.It was nice to see you making something like that.Ariadne from a very rainy Greece too!

    ReplyDelete

A Damp Weekend

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah, and here's a snaperoo... ... I like all the little bits of "wonky" that are pa...