Friday, June 25, 2010

Woo-Hoo Friday is here!!!

GR&&DF thank you all for the super kind comments for yesterdays post. That little piece of stitching has been finished and waiting for a frame for such along time. It came together so fast and easy - sometimes when I get to framing things it is like wrestling a greased pig into a girdle - and then some!! - But, for some reason - the planets aligned or I was a good boy - or for some dumb reason - the foam board cut correctly and evenly the first time - the piece pinned down the first go round and everything just fell into place and onto the wall. Catherine asked about other pieces on the walls - I will take some snaps and get them posted up next week - Barb asked if I had seen the Quaker Halloween - yes I have, it is in my stash waiting or as it should be referred to as as my SABLE.

Last night I worked a little on Red Alphabet - not much so no snap today, but I will post one on Monday.

The flickers last night where - part 5 of "The Winds of War." I am still enjoying this mini series very much. The story is so big and sweeping that I am glad that I broke up getting the Discs with other things. The other movie for the evening also came from Netflix - "The Fighting 69th" - 1940 - starring James Cagney, Pat O'Brien, George Brent and Alan Hale. A WWI film about self sacrifice and soldier camaraderie. A really great roll for Cagney and different from his other earlier rolls - this part calls for him to play the part of tough braggart and cringing coward - by the end of the film he is redeemed but just in time for the final credits. Based in fact but Hollowoodized, this was a good war film - with a good strong story and some very good acting. Over all a very satisfying World War evening.

There you go sports fans - don't forget the drawing for the Beatrix Potter Companion Chart - just throw a comment on Wednesday's post and I will draw a name on this Sunday - 6/27 -and announce the winner on Monday. have a great Weekend!!!

Take Care,
edgar

5 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo for SABLE! Sometimes I wonder if I'm there yet--I know I "only" have about 20 charts, but still; perhaps there are already some I won't get around to stitching! Probably! Rather a morbid thought, is it not? I do know that my tastes have already changed quite a bit since the year+ I've been poking around on these internet stitchy blogs. At least I've supported some people's work--even if I don't get around to stitching it.

    Unfortunately, I don't think I know of the Halloween Quaker but I bet it is super! :D

    I gather from your comments on ease-of-framing that you pin, rather than lacing, your pieces in position. Is there any need to worry about the pins rusting? I thought maybe I heard something about that at some point.

    Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Winds of War is a classic in my book. Ali McGraw is terrific in this one.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    hugs
    -missy-

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the whole mini series Winds of War...and love it! There is a sequel to it you know....War and Remembrance and that is a 12 CD series...I have that too! what can I say...I love history!
    Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always pinned my pieces on foam board using stainless steel pins until I saw how the girls at the Strawberry Sampler did it. I have used the lacing method once and both ways are good. Do you find that with using foam board that sometimes the frame isn't thick enough to handle it? I am curious to know your answer.
    I have finally become brave enough to start my own blog. I would be honored if you would give it a look and let me know of any advice you might have!
    http://kentuckysampler.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it great when everything works perfectly the first time around! I am like you and usually pull, tug and redo over and over again before I finally can say "well, I guess that will have to do". I think we are always harder on our own efforts than other people tend to be.

    ReplyDelete

A Damp Weekend

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah, and here's a snaperoo... ... I like all the little bits of "wonky" that are pa...