Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Gigi Posting

GR&DF here we are looking out for the weekend - or at least I am. I can not wait for it to get here!! Not that there are any plans other than the usual loose ones - I am just ready to have a day or so off.

Last night I was busily working away at an exchange so no snap of that piece. I also rummaged about and pulled together the last of the stuff for the Trade Blog. I will get that posted tomorrow as I forgot the camera and list at home.

Last night was a nice evening of movie watching with "Gigi" - 1958 - watching this film for the umpteenth time I got to thinking that it is almost too pretty for its own good. Such a lush film - with Vincente Minnelli Directing you feel his touch and that every little shot is a vignette of loveliness.

Here are some shots from the film - Leslie Caron in the white gown with bird accents - I love this quote of Gigi's - "One must not read novels they only depress you, one must not wear powder it spoils the complexion, one must not wear a corset it spoils the figure." - words to live by!!

There you go sports fans - Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comments!

Take care,
edgar

8 comments:

Margaret said...

What a coincidence! Maybe my subconscious knew you were watching Gigi. Yesterday "Thank Heaven for Little Girls" was stuck in my head. And I thought of Gigi. Pretty weird! I love that movie!

Berit said...

Minnelli really was a genius; I've not seen many of his films but the wonderfulness of Meet Me in St. Louis is probably almost all to his credit. :)

I'm ready for the weekend, too! But, ugh, we have a "wedding reception" (for a wedding that took place in December in Hawaii). Ugh. What to wear!?

Kelly said...

I am with you on wanting a day off and work is not all that bad. I hope Friday gets here quickly for all of our sake!! Happy stitching.

Sharon said...

I Love "Gigi". I'd love to "see" those dresses up close and personal - I probably wouldn't fit into them - but I'd still love to look!! You're right - Mr. Minelli was quite the artist - using his films as his choice of palette.
Leslie Caron had quite a range of movies also -
Anyway, can't wait to see a pic of your exchange - I'm sure it will be lovely! :)

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

With a figure like that, of course she didn't need to wear a corset!!! I've never seen GiGi but I will now. Thanks, Edgar!

SimplyStitchingintheGarden said...

Glad that you are feeling better and yes, Gigi is a wonderful film, and I'll take Leslie Caron's figure any day.

Roberta who is now home sick!! is there such athing as cyber passing sickness!!

Myriam said...

MAis tu ne dors jamais?????????

Heather said...

Edgar, I have *always* loved Gigi, and it's been far too long since I watched it. Thanks for the reminder! :)