Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Woodland Exchange Arrives in SF

Gentle readers - today's posting will be devoted to a dear stitching friend that completely spoiled me with the Woodland Exchange!! Margie was my "secret" partner - how secret could she be with me assigning the partners... :) - but that's the breaks sometimes. The package arrived yesterday and was a big one so I took it home to open..... and out tumbled.....

I couldn't believe it! Such lovelies and wrapped in a great toile tissue!! I love toile!! I saved it all and have plans to reuse it for special packages in the future.

After opening everything I was completely dumbfounded - such treats and so many!!

Margie not only stitched a lovely pyn keepe but also gathered up some licorice (a real favorite), a really cute puppy tissues pack, two packs of my favorite JJ gold needles AND a chart from my wish list WITH the silks that are called for!! How great is all that!!!

The pyn keepe is not only a Woodland piece it is also a wonderful tribute to sweet Hunny - our little chihuahua we lost a few weeks back.
Look at the front and you can see Hunny chasing around.....

and on the back is....


Isn't this a lovely piece to remember Hunny with!!! The design is a BBD and it is stitched on Purely Primitive linen. It already has a place on the Hunny "alter" and looks great!!!
I always say that this stitching community it the best and most thoughtful!!!! Thank you so much Margie - you did great!!!!!!

Thank you all for stopping by -
don't forget about the drawing for the Christmas book
- comment on yesterdays post!!

Take care,
edgar

29 comments:

  1. what a sweet dedication to Hunny.. I know you guys will treasure it forever...
    Natasah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a special piece! Gorgeous, thoughtful gift, Margie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet thing to do...it is a very lovely tribute to Hunny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful tribute to Hunny and such a sweet gesture from Margie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful package from Margie! and the pyn keepe is just the most precious gift:) What a sweet, dear friend she is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, that gorgeous pin keep brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful piece and tribute to your Hunny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about this--especially the font used. Well done! And, just when you thought that there would be no surprises since you organized the exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great exchange. I know it brought tears to your eyes! I'm glad you are feeling better and I love your new start!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sittin here at the Humane Society while reading your post. The tribute to Hunny brought a tear to my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually gasped when I saw this sweet piece. How thoughtful of Margie to turn an exchange into such a personal tribute for your beloved Hunny! I've said it before and I'll say it again - stitchers are the best folks ever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful dedication to Hunny. The stitching community is the best bunch!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Margie did an awesome job! Great little tribute to Hunny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great package of goodies. Margie did awesome with the piece dedicated to Hunny. Aren't stitchy friends the greatest!?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Margie, that is just beautiful. What a sweeheart you are! Edgar, you bring out the best in people.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seeing this lovely and thoughtful tribute to Hunny really made my day. Enjoy all your wonderful goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was so sweet. I'm sure you will treasure it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely thoughtful exchange to receive. A treasure to behold forever.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a thoughtful and beautifully stitched exchange!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely, thoughtful exchange.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful exchange. It looks gorgeous, and is so thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That was so sweet of Margie! She did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am also completely and utterly in love with Toile! Lovely exchange from Margie! Lucky You!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Toile tissue paper! I totally love that! Margie certainly put loads of thought and love into her exchange. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. A wonderful exchange package from Margie.
    I came over from Tracy's Blog
    I just love the exchange finish you did for her, it is fabulous.
    I can see now I am going to have fun browsing your blog. It looks very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness Edgar... what a wondeful, wonderful exchange... I know you'll treasure that pin keep always...
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very nice exchange! Love the paper, too.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...