Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wednesday is upon us -

and it is now a slow slide to the weekend!!!! Whoopee!!!!

Not much going on on the stitchy front - I finished up my Woodland Exchange last night and it is ready for the post tomorrow - it has a way to go so I will not be posting any snaps of it soon. I started another exchange and kitted up something else to begin - probably this weekend - so no snaps of that either - pretty dull doings!!

I did want to mention that Valerie is having a Blogaversary Drawing over at Fog City - she has been blogging 4 years!! Check out her blog and leave a comment to be entered in her drawing. My 2nd Blogaversary is coming up on May 9 and I am getting my thoughts wrapped around that and what I want to do - stay tuned!!

We watched Grey Gardens again last night - and I still am just blown away with the performances of Drew and Jessica!!! There must be some awards in their future. I just love the line that Little Edie hands out to the married man she is on a date with - who asks about her beaux and why she hasn't settled into a marriage.... Little Edie "I only want a dance partner." What a great line is that!!!! No strings, no commitment..... just whirling through life with music playing!!!

Leaving you with that thought - Thanks for stopping by!!

take care,
edgar

8 comments:

Margie said...

I can't wait to see Gray Gardens - I've seen the documentory but I don't have HBO so I have to wait for the DVD to be released. :-)

Coni said...

Oh my goodness! As soon as I heard that line from the movie I ran right out and had it tattooed on my forehead! Wasn't that just divine? (My sister has already alerted the authorities that I will soon be dancing around my wreck of a house and answering the phone in an Irish brogue.)

Laura said...

Haven't seen Grey Gardens yet but I have it on the DVR all ready to go. I'm looking forward to some time alone to watch it.

-missy- said...

I confess I've watched Gray Gardens 4 times now and will most likely watch it agin. I some how find myself wanting a frilly turban so I can dance dance dance around the house!! LOL

valerie said...

Hmmm...will have to put Gray Gardens on my netflix queue...never seen it. Thanks for mentioning my giveaway! :)

Sherry said...

I never saw the documentary but I just loved the movie! I have already watched it several times and will probably watch it some more on days I stitch! LOL! Great acting!

Hazel said...

I'm sure you probably have seen it but what about "Bullit" with Steve McQueen?? Famous chase scene in San Fransisco. x

MYGREYGARDENS said...

The HBO film, starring Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lang is certainly a perfect tribute to both the original documentary and these two wonderful woman.
I was told right after filming of the HBO film wrapped up in the fall of 2007, that I would be blown away at the last scene, where Edie sings Tea For Two at Reno Sweeny, and I was ! I had supplied the film company with the only recording in existence of Edie singing the tune, only this wasn't from her actual performance at the club, but rather her singing it just for me at one of my many visits to Grey Gardens, more than 30 years ago. Drew sang it exactly, phrase for phrase as I have it on tape. Edie and I actually met that night at Reno Sweeny, and my relationship with Grey Gardens has now spanned over 3 decades. For our complete review, check out our blog at MyGreyGardens.com (HBO film review by Robb Brawn & Lee Arboreen), and be sure to check our Youtube video uploaded 4/18/09 the same day as the HBO film release. Click
GREY GARDENS PROMO to view the video