Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Museum Weekend FUN



Happy Tuesday.... this past Saturday I took off from work and went on a culture adventure...........Our first stop of the day was our favorite breakfast place, Eddies. Voted repeatedly as the best breakfast in SF WEEKLY, a local paper, yearly poll of all things in SF.

The second stop was the Legion of Honor. This is a beautiful museum over looking the entrance to the SF Bay and the Marin Headlands. We went to see the temporary exhibit of French jewelry. Lets just say that there was so much sparkle and shine it was hard to not keep my head from spinning. The exhibit included things that I had only seen in books. Including some pieces of Dame Elizabeth Taylor's. Overall a truly worth while experience. director in Historic Houses and in a very large art We then made it to Golden Gate Park where the De Young Museum is to see the temporary exhibit from the V&A (Victoria and Albert in London) of Vivianne Westwood. The exhibit was really good. It was a chronological look at her designs from the punk beginnings through to the glamours things she has be doing int he last 10 years. This was the first time I had been in the new building. Now my background is museum work and in a past life I have been a curator and museum director......so I approach museums in general with that knowledge....all I will say is that I really do not care for this building as it looks like is has been encased in rusty metal. That's all I will say about that.

Here is the middle left medallion progress from the last couple of days. Not the best picture but you get the idea. I really like the Just Rust and the Tartan Plaid floss together. As you can tell the main body of the work is composed of nine medallions with the Left and right using opposite floss for the inside and the surround.Hope all is well out in the world with everyone.

Take care,
edgar

2 comments:

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...