Monday, August 26, 2024

Getting Around to Some Older Stash - Finally!!

 Gentle Friends, I made a start on my Fall Stitch...  here's a snaperoo...

"Frederika" & "Frederick" - Carriage House Samplings
40ct Antique Lace - Seraphim Hand Dyed Fabric by Laurie
Charted NPI Silk

These are two separate charts that I'm stitching as a single piece with Frderika on top.  I think the only change I'll be making is to fill the border between the diamond shapes on Frederick like Frederika.

I saw this stitched as one on the other many, many years ago and thought what a great-looking piece!! I decided then to do them together and the charts have been floating in the "ToDo" Stash pile for the longest time... Fall 2024 is the time!  I love working with NPI and luckily I had in the silk stash, 95% of the colors... however, I still need to make a run over to Needle in a Haystack for a couple of missing silks and to bump up the amount of a few of the colors that are worrying me could be on the low side.
_____________________
That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again.  Stay Safe!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good deeds!
edgar

3 comments:

  1. Good start on the border, Edgar! Enjoy stitching Frederick and Frederika!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh...can't wait to follow along with THIS project! I think I have Frederick in my stash... would have never thought of doing them together but thinking it will be amazing! ~Robin ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to stitch them as one piece. I have both in my stash....

    ReplyDelete

A Little More Border

 Gentle Friends, almost there, here's a snaparoo of the border... ... I was really happy, nay, surprised when everything banged up and m...