Friday, January 10, 2020

A Little Street Parking

Gentle Friends, as you may know, or not, my job shifted dramatically over the Christmas Holiday and I am now working in Downtown Berkely.  So now instead of just driving to work and parking, in less than 25 minutes.  At about 5am I drive over the hill into the Castro, then I have to find parking.  

Then I walk down to the Muni Station and take Muni (the SF City train system) to the Embarcaderro Station.  Where I go even further underground to the Bart Station and catch an Antochio train under the bay to the 19th Street Station in Oakland where I change trains for a Richmond train which I ride to the Downtown Berkeley Station.... the office is almost directly in front of the station once I come up from underground.... so that's the silver lining but the ride sort of sucks!!  Going home in the afternoon is a bit easier as I can take an SF Airport Train all the way to the Embarcadero Station and just change onto one of the Muni trains going to the Castro...  
__________________

Well, this morning after I found parking and opened the car door in the street were these...


... it had been raining off and on all night so they were really wet but I could see they were $10 dollar bills... so I scooped them up and stuffed them into my pocket thinking.... " some drunk dropped some bucks last night!!"  Once I got to the office and really looked at them ...this is what I then saw...


... it's movie money, how crazy is that.  They look and feel really real......  
oh well, you win some you lose some!!  Yes, those are Milkbones, good for the teeth!!  
Not really,  we have three super cute dogs here running around the office... that gotta have their treats!!  I'll post some snaps later on.
_________________________

Have a super weekend!!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!
edgar

9 comments:

  1. But a great find for a movie lover like yourself, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy the job change enough to justify travel time! I asked the receptionist at Cleveland Clinic where the employees park since there are so many working there. She parks 10 blocks away. TEN BLOCKS!!! If unable to walk or in a higher position, you get to use the lot six blocks away. They are large blocks and loaded with snow in winter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How long does that commute take you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really sounds like a terrible commute! Plus fake money!! What a bummer! I do hope you have a delightful and restful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, on the commute! It doesn't sound like much fun. I thought your funny money was real. Enjoy your weekend, Edgar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dearest Edgar: So sorry you have so far to go to work.
    I wish they had been good bills instead of fake, it is so good you really looked at them, they could have landed you in jail, just think some jerk is trying to get people in trouble.
    I see the milk-bone, I am looking forward to seeing the pups.

    Hugs
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry about your commute, I did one that was 1.5 hours each way on a good traffic day for 30+ years. I feel your pain.

    I love the movie money story! That is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't envy you that commute, Edgar.. Talk about keeping fit.. Can see
    how one could be fooled by that "money".take it as a well-intentioned joke by some Castroite needing a laugh or perhaps you may be on Candid
    Camera next week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG that is SOME commute! Any way you could work from home some days? Haha good thing you looked at that money before you spent it on lunch!!

    ReplyDelete

A Damp Weekend

 Gentle Friends, still stitching away on Sarah, and here's a snaperoo... ... I like all the little bits of "wonky" that are pa...