Tuesday, January 7, 2020

A Little Christmas Finish

Gentle Friends, I finished up "Tidings" last week... it was a fun stitch and so seasonal.  I often want to stitch some in "season" but things either overlap or I just procrastinate until its too late and just don't get to it or whatever.  But, this year I was on point all around and here tis'.....


"Tidings of Great Joy" by La-D-Da
I switched out some of the called for floss:

WDW Baked Apple to WDW Red Rocks
GAST Tarnished Gold 
GAST Wood Trail
DMC 3782 to GAST Shaker White
GAST Carriage Black to WDW Gun Metal
GAST Moss to WDW Collards

Stitched on 40ct LL Vintage Pecan Butter

I also made a few little tweaks as I stitched along that made more sense to me and the way I think the piece should look... but they are small changes and scattered. I'm thinking that I'll get this finished up into a small Christmas pillow instead of framing.....  I did get started on a new project It's a traditional sampler that comes from Shakespear's Peddler that Therese did a few years ago.  Sadly I've no snap of my progress so I'll just save that until stitching Monday.
_________________

There you go sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again.

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!
edgar

10 comments:

  1. Piękny obrazek i motyw, pozdrawiam :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Edgar, this is a lovely finish - and yes, just right for the Christmas season just past.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful piece - it shows the enjoyment put into it. Yes, it will
    make a lovely pillow and you will have it all ready for the coming
    Christmas season. Also, I enjoyed reading about your lunch, you put a lot
    of hard work into it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Edgar, what a beautiful Christmas finish! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Edgar: This is a lovely design, I hope you post a photo of the completely finished or framed piece.

    Hugs
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful finish! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tidings of great joy is beautiful. I love the border! It will make a wonderful pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful piece. It will be great as a pillow.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...