Monday, January 15, 2018

A Little Stitchin'

Gentle Friends, I've been working on HEIOTS until I figure out the next sampler I want to start and have finally had the border ends meet...


.... I was really happy when the "vine" met up.  Since this is such a large piece measuring about 23"x 20" on this piece of 36ct linen I was just the tiniest bit uneasy that I had missed a stitch or had doubled up on a thread which would have thrown the border off - and then I would have had to my way work back to find the mistake... but since that didn't happen I'm really happy and can now rest easy as I finish up the flowers... then get to work in the middle.
__________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks again for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

12 comments:

  1. When a large border meets, a celebration is in order. I usually bake a cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know deciding what to do next can be difficult. I think stitchers who do borders first are very brave indeed. After I finish something large ( usually Quaker too) i usually do a small piece. I decided to do American Homestead Sewing kit by The Scarlettt House. I bought the pattern and tray and it is fun to do. Whether I can do the finishes is debatable, but I will try. I agree with Marly, cake is in order!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You continue to amaze with your prowess and speed....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo on the border ends meeting! I always let out a deep sigh of relief when the ends meet. I like Marly's suggestion about baking a cake.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dearest Edgar: It always makes me feel good to have a frame meet, I have had to rip and hate doing so.
    This is a beautiful Sampler you are doing.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having your border meet never gets old! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is the name of this beautiful pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love that deep breath you can take when they meet. Coming around that last corner it never looks like it's going to match up and then as the ends get closer together, I'm always convinced I made a mistake and then they meet! Deep breath and smile. Always a huge triumph.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job! I am always so happy when the border meets up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's nice to breathe a sigh of relief when a border meets the first time, its looks super.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am with everyone above! When the border meets, all is right with the world (or at least the cake will make it seem so!). Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful sampler. I started it 2 years ago. Down to just one page. Need to get it done this year!!!! Hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...