Thursday, January 26, 2017

A Little Thrifting

Gentle Friends... well, we made it to Thursday and so it must be "Thrifty Thursday."  We hit the usual shops and I even tried to find the one Estate Sale going on in the City... but without any luck, I found the street, I found where the house should have been but no house with the number nor the usual Estate sale signs that should have been about ... I spent about 10 minutes looking then threw the towel in and headed home ....  but I had already found some fun stuff...

...a super hand painted, gilt trimmed hard paste porcelain 19th-century jug for a"Mary McChain 1849" a copy of Jean Plaidy's first book from her historical fiction series about the Tudor Dynasty and a super little porcelain tray from Elizabeth II's Silver Jubilee of 1977. 
____________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks again for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

5 comments:

  1. Nice finds, I myself would be doing an internet search to find our about Mary McChain. I did a quick one there is such a person or at least the dates would be correct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds. I especially like that little jug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Edgar: Lovelyfinds, are you reading the series? It does look interesting.
    The jug looks beautiful in your photo, I bet it even looks better in person.
    Too bad you did not find the estate sale, they are so interesting to go too.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...