Thursday, January 5, 2017

A Last Christmas Libation...

Gentle Friends, Christmas is still lingering about here by the bay.... a few days ago Mitchells Ice Cream posted on their facebook page about putting the reminder of their Egg Nog at 1/2 price.... well, knowing that this delicious handmade nectar is on the expensive side normally and they only make it for a very short time over Christmas... I knew I needed to stop on the way home  (it's sort of in our neighborhood) and pick some up.....

... and we've have been enjoying it every evening!!!  I do love me some egg nog - and know that not everyone likes it...  sometimes I "nog" it with rum, sometimes whiskey,  and sometimes I use both whiskey and rum.... I always grate lots of nutmeg into the glass, stir in the "nog" and then pour the creamy egg nog over it all. delicious!!  I think what makes this brand different it how extremely thick it is, almost too thick, but really just right!!
___________________

That's about it for today sports fans, thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

11 comments:

  1. I'm not big on eggnog but the way you make it for yourselves sounds very intriguing! I probably wouldn't find any eggnog anyway in my corner of Arizona. I'll check it out in 11 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Edgar: I love eggnog it is yummy, I do like mine think.
    Have you ever been to American Cupcake in San Francisco? we were watching the Best Thing I Ever Ate, the place had some yummy looking cupcakes.

    Blessings
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love eggnog here so your recipe sounds wonderful to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had it. I may have to put it on my bucket list of things to do/try one day. I'm glad you enjoyed yours. I wonder why it's a *Christmas* thing and not available year round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here I sit. Craving egg nog. Didn't have any this year. My cousin gave me a home made recipe for it, I should try to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not an egg nog fan, but after reading your method maybe I should revisit it! Sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year Edgar and thank you for all the tips, recipes, stitching and travel photos you have shared throughout the year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No thanks, not my kind of treat... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like eggnog! I can't find any more around here now, but my new discovery this year was the Southern Comfort Egg Nog. It's in a paper carton. Of course it has no booze in it, but it is so good! I got it at Kroger. Put it on your list for next year!!!! You must give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh...here I am dieting...AGAIN and I see this lovely post about Egg Nog and want to jump through the screen to get me some :) I bet it was DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am from KY and love that you have a bottle from here in your picture. I just discovered your blog and LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete

It's Spring!!

Gentle Friends, a lovely variation of Vivaldis's first movement of Spring....  bright and cheerful........ ________________ The year mov...