Monday, March 3, 2014

Weekend Stitching

Gentle Friends, it was a damp weekend here by the Bay - and we spent it close to home for the most part.  I continued to stitch away on the  "Winter Band Sampler"......  and here's an updated shot of what was accomplished.....

...  I finished up the house and have moved on to the "pine forest" part of the sampler.  Talking about the house...I have two skeins of "Apple Fritter," the red coloured floss, and they are quite different in shading.  I used the much darker skein for the house fill and will save the light shaded skein for the rest of the red on the sampler.  I also moved the bird from one roof to the other, as it fit better with my changes.

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

10 comments:

  1. Nice progress on your Winter Band Sampler. I love the colors. As for the different Apple Fritter shades, I get so frustrated with using overdyed threads due to the inconsistent shading. Ordering specialty threads online sometimes becomes a "grab bag" when it comes to shades.
    Have a merry Monday,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Sampler is looking lovely. I really like the "pine forest"...what color is that, I love how it shades so perfectly.

    Oh the red house reminds me of a warm quilt to snuggle under with it's patches of color and those blue-green windows....lovely. :)

    We got freezing rain, then ice and now we are "enjoying" snow today..all this within 24 hours....didn't you say you had a spare bedroom? :)

    Wishing you a most lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great progress Edgar. I am happy to hear you guys are getting some rain out that way I just wish it was not all at once because that will cause a mess...

    I hope you have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous progress. So nice to have some rainy time to stay inside and stitch.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a beautiful sampler Edgar. Who is the designer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! I think the difference in the colors adds a nice touch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got loads stitched this past weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so gorgeous! I like how you were smart and used the darker red skein for the house and saved the lighter for everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely & bright, like a box of jewels!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...