Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Some SF Snaps

Gentle Friends, over the weekend we went up on the roof of our building.  In all the years we've lived in this here I've never ventured up on the roof.  I am the biggest chicken about high places and avoid them at all costs.........except when I force myself to just "suck it up" and go for it.......usually when I am out of the country.  A couple of  examples,  St Mark's Campanile in Venice, or the "Stone Gallery" in the dome of St Paul's, London - for some reason I am a bit more brave when I travel!!   

So I had my camera when I went up and here are some shots......

.......looking SE towards the South Bay.....

... turning to the left and looking NE towards the City....

... turning left and looking towards the West up at Sutro Tower and Diamond Heights....
____________

Yesterday evening from our balcony we could see .......

.... looking out across Noe Valley towards China Basin we saw this fire getting started and it burned and burned and then we flipped the TV over to the news and .....

...... all the channels were reporting the fire... it was new construction and the fire started on the ninth floor, it kept burning for a few hours and eventually the building collapsed... and from the balcony-cam was this...

.....giant black plumes of smoke and we could even make out flames as they got bigger....  this could be seen all over the Bay Area, many thought that ATT Ball Park was on fire but that is a few block from this, so it was never in any danger.
______________________

That's about it for today sports fans.  Thanks for stopping by do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

12 comments:

  1. Saw black smoke from across the Bay but haven't looked into the story yet. Hope no one was injured or killed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowwwww! Geez Edgar....I'd have me a a comfy " sitting outside" stitching chair and stitch my heart away up on that roof! You know....the fold out ones complete with a drink holder and tray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't you glad you ventured up to the roof? Such a lovely day, and exciting to see the fire. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Edgar...Your view is spectacular! You should take a lawn chair up there and stitch. LOL.
    My husband is deathly afraid of heights too. One time I thought we would have to helicopter him down from Mt. Timpanogas, as he was just petrified and didn't want to come down. Funny thing, he flies airplanes and that doesn't scare him at all.
    So sad about the fire. I hope no one was injured. You had an eagle eye's view of it though.
    I love your winter band sampler. It's turning out beautiful.
    I hope all is well. Take care and many Hugz!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been watching the story about this fire. Glad that you are not in danger. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing view! I've found as I get older I don't care for heights as much either. I just saw this on our news today. That's trippy! Glad you guys and the who-hounds are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The view from the balcony is great, but think I'd have to set up a little garden party on the roof. Is it much higher than the balcony?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope everyone was safe in the fire.
    Band sampler is a stunner in the post below!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness, you have quite the views of the city from your building! Wow! Thank goodness the fire was taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely beautiful pictures except for the fire- how sad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous view and perfect timing with the fire. Sad that it happened but cool that you were up there to get a birds eye view.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...