Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Tasty Breakfast

Gentle Friends today's post is just a week off - it was meant for last Wednesday - and you do remember the melt down we had here with the computers........On the way down to the Antique Show we decided that since we were, or could, drive through Millbrae why not stop and have a little breakfast.  For me the only place to eat in Millbrae is....

.....since it was a wet and rainy day it looks like night almost, but it was really about 10 am....  the Millbrae Pancake House opened it's doors on Mother's Day 1959 and has been going gangbusters serving delicious breakfasts ever since.


The Pancake House has been in the same location since it opened - and has stayed as unchanged as the knotty pine walls and rustic furniture.  Here's a couple of snaps of the menu...


(I can't believe I got those snaps next to each other!!)  
Back to breakfast....  I ordered the Swedish style pancakes,

 I do love the Lingonberry butter, and I had a side of sausage....


.... Rico had the California Omelet....


... it came with a side of their fluffy buttermilk pancakes.  It is a great place for breakfast, and since it is not very near the City, whenever we are in that direction we try and stop.  I think my only criticism is that the when the waitress remembered I ordered a side of sausage, and it eventually came, it was on the barely warm side, I would even go so far as to say cold......  tasty, but cold.
___________
I've had a quite few emails as to why I was away.  What happened was sort of last minute - my sister and I decided to fly to Louisiana last Thursday to visit an Aunt who is very ill.  The decision was made to make the trip sooner rather than later, better to not put things off until its just too late.  It was a very good visit seeing everyone and I do have quite a few snaps of some places around Opelousas and will be sharing them over the next couple of days.
___________
That's about it for today, thanks for stopping by, do stop again!!

Take care,
edgar

14 comments:

  1. Sometimes those "sooner than later" trips end up being the best thing you could have done and you are glad you did in the long run. I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back Edgar and that you had a safe trip. At first I thought that was ice cream on top of your pancakes!!! LOL I've never heard of lingonberry butter but MMMMMMMM.... it sure looks tasty, as does the sausage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're back safe and sound :) My day is not complete if I don't read your blog.

    Love pancakes and omelets! We sometimes have breakfast for supper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm...pancakes. I've been thinking about this place and it's not even too far from me. Sorry to hear about your Aunt. So good you and your sis made the time to go visit her. Hope you are having a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum on the breakfast!

    Hope your Aunt gets better soon. :)

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummo on the breakfast and wish I lived closer so I could try it out. Sorry to hear your aunt is ill but I bet your aunt was thrilled that you and your sister came to see her.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats the best place for breakfast, did you see the "bowl" of butter by the kitchen? They say they go through one minimum in a weekend alone. SERIOUS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Edgar:
    Sounds like you had a great breakfast, is that a latge avacado on Ricos plate? yummy looking food.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. That breakfast looks delicious! Sorry to hear about your aunt. It's good you got a visit in though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What is a California pancake? I've never had sweet and savoury together with pancakes but sounds yummy. What a great idea to visit your Aunt while you are able to have a "good" visit. Hope you were all able to make more happy memories.
    I love reading your blog, you are so easy to read and have such a great ability to share details. I have not yet been lucky enough to travel to the US but I feel like I would know my way around SF from reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks like a wonderful breakfast!
    So glad that you went to see your Aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am reading this post at noon and it made me very hungry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Edgar, that brings back memories!! My grandparents used to take us there when we were kids, I always got "Pigs in a Blanket", and the waitress would flirt with my Poppie and give him extra whip cream on his waffle. My cousins and I still try to get back there but it's been a while, but the last time I was there it still looked the same.... same wallpaper, same brass plates on the walls...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry that your Aunt is so ill. I'm sure it brightened her up to know that you and your sister cared enough to ame the trip.
    Breakfast is one of my favorite meals...so many fun combo's that can be put together. There are SO many incredible things about SF, it would be impossible to choose the #1, but the food definitely is in the top 5!
    How was the antique show?

    ReplyDelete

Flowers and Fruit

 Gentle Friends, I wrapped up the centre square stitching... here's a snaperooo... ... I thought about straightening up the baskets and ...