Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Weekend Posting - a day late.....

Gentle Readers and Dear Friends so sorry not to have posted yesterday, but in the move (and it ain't over yet) there was another big push over the weekend and I came into work with no working computer.  So for the first 3 hours I sat here reading away - not much else to do.  After all was fixed I actually had to get to work and couldn't get a post up.  
_________
I started off the weekend by stopping off Friday at a new (at least to me new) place for a treat ....  Pinkies Bakery - click HERE to read more about it - here's a snap of what I picked up......

cute box holds delicious......

 
......chocolate cupcakes sprinkled with sea salt - now that may sound odd by the salt really adds a great note to the dark chocolate!!
_________

Over the weekend we had some really gorgeous weather - bright and sunny and in the mid 70's both days.  Real summer weather - not too cold, not too hot - no fog - it was just right.  On Saturday morning we got out to some Estate sales - not that there was much to buy - I did pick up a few things.....


Three books and a super little Bunnykins Christmas Plate.  from l to r - a children's picture book copy of a favorite story of mine by Truman Capote "A Christmas Memory" - if you have not read this story do yourself a favor and pick up a copy.   The story is from Capote's childhood and revolves around making fruitcake.  You can click HERE to read more about this short story.  The next book is a great book from classic Hollywood and the third is a wonderful travel book I have been looking for. The Bunnykins plate just hit me right - I love Christmas and the rabbits a really cute.... and was a total deal - how could I pass it up.
_________

I baked up a "Jewish Coffee Cake" - now what make this Jewish is beyond me, but I had everything in the house and it came together really fast......


Now I have three recipes to post to Blacksheep Bakes - I really will get them up at some point, never fear!!  This particular cake had a get heavy feel to it and went so well with a cup of hot coffee yesterday morning - while I was reading I enjoyed my piece - the rest went off with Rico to his office.
_________

I also got some stitching in on ABC Hornbook - and I thought I had a progress snap, but I forgot to take one, now what's up with that??  I'll get one up tomorrow.

Well, that's about it for today sports fans - thanks so much for stopping by!!  Do come again......

Take care,
edgar

13 comments:

  1. If you love Dark Cholcolate and sea salt, run to Whole Foods. They have these dark chocolate, sea salt, carmel candies that are to dye for. I ended up thowing some out because I was going to eat the whole box by myself and I am not a sweets person. They are in a clear plastic box and sold by weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Now I have a chocolate craving and Kelly is being an enabler too... mostly I can ignore those items at the Whole Foods... Glad you had a nice weekend Edgar. What's up with the move that never ends?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cupcakes look so good! Never thought of putting sea salt on dark chocolate.

    Glad you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love chocolate and sea salt. At Christmas I made chocolate cake balls with sea salt and they were soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, your post today made me hungry! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. That coffeecake looks awesome! I am awaiting the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy!! I love anything chocolate and especially with seasalt! Just found chocolate covered caramels topped with seasalt at a store local to me - dangerous stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a good thing it is lunch time here because now I am really hungry. I just wish I had a yummy cupcake or some coffee cake in my lunch! Glad your weekend was a sweet treat all around.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no, seeing all those goodies in your post is making me want some chocolate bad! And I don't think there is any around! I've never heard of sea salt and chocolate, but I like pretzels dipped in chocolate and it does seem like the salt enhances the flavor.

    That coffee cake looks good too. And so do your recent finds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooooh, delicious looking cupcakes! Yum! The "Jewish coffee cake" looks yummy too! Love that xmas plate! And yes, I love Truman Capote's "A Christmas Memory." I need to read that again sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, those cupcakes look delicious...and now, I'm hungry!! LOL!

    Happy Stitchin'
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  12. A Christmas Memory is a favorite of mine as well. Your post made me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such good food! I have never had chocolate with sea salt or Jewish coffee cake. They look delicious though.

    Glad you found some things you like at the estate sale. They haven't started here yet.

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...