Monday, September 2, 2024

Border Stitchin', Visiting NIAH, Eatin' Burgers and Brunch!

 Gentle Friends, I've been stitching away on the border, and here's a snap...

... just fill it in at the moment so it's not too exciting...
________________
Friday saw me finally making it across the Bay to Alameda and a visit to Needle in a Haystack...here are some snaps...
... a lovely wall of silks......



...after getting my silk and quite a bit of linen we stopped off at In-N-Out Burger...it was a perfect trip!!
  

_______________________________

After Mass Yesterday we headed over to the Presidio for lunch with friends...  

...we all got the same thing...
"Marin Farm Scrambled Eggs" 

When it landed on the table I thought they had brought me a salad, but under the microgreens were some delicious eggs, and the cheddar biscuits were delicious!!  That little cup of gravy is to pour over the biscuits, interesting, but a bit messy.
______________

Since we were so very close, just a couple of blocks away, we walked down to the last remnant of the 1915 Panama-Pacific International Exhibition...

The Palace of Fine Arts

We walked around in the sunshine with lots of brides, and Quinceanera celebrants getting their pictures taken... also tons of tourists and just locals walking their dogs.  It's a lovely park and worth a visit.  It is actually the first time in all the years living here that I've actually been down here to just walk around.
____________________
That's about it for today sports fans...  a few days off and some fun goings-on... 
I'm also off today and I've got some stitching and napping on the agenda!!  Thanks for stopping by.  Stay Safe!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!
edgar

4 comments:

  1. The border is looking good, Edgar. It sounded and looked like you had some wonderful adventures. Happy September!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each and every photo here is drool-worthy... From the fabulous fall color palette in your stitches to the endless rows of floss to the delicious-looking food. You live well my friend. I've not had an in-and-out burger since we used to visit my FIL in Scottsdale. Dang they were good! And that park is fabulous! I never knew about the Palace of Fine Arts. WOW! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. The border looking good... The Palace of Fine Arts is an iconic vision even to those afar on the East Coast.... That is when they did exhibitions to the nines... monumental structures... Good to see you
    are watching your calories...lol....enjoy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Edgar: Lovely progress on your stitching, the food looks fantastic, I have heard In and Out burgers are the best, we have Five Guys burgers here in Minnesota, yummy. Oh my all the beautiful threads, I could take a thread bath they are so yummy looking.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

Happy 13th!!!!!!