Tuesday, August 27, 2019

A Little More Stitchin' and a Christmas Card

Gentle Friends, so I'm still working on BBD Seasons and here's a snap...


... it seems to be coming along...
_________________

On Saturday I was surprised to find in the mail a card from my brother and sister-in-law.  I wasn't sure what it could have been for it's not my birthday nor is it Christmas (it's just 120 days away)...I opened it up and it was a Christmas card.  So I looked at the cancelled stamp...


... check out the date on that sucker... it only took a mere 3 years to get from South Carolina to Califonia...I guess it came via slow boat around the Cape of Good Hope then across the Pacific ocean... you know, the short route! So a very Happy Christmas just a bit early.  I texted my brother and we had a little laugh!
______________________

There you go sports fan, thanks for stopping by do stop again!

Good Thoughts! Good Words! Good Deeds!
edgar

10 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I really like BBD Seasons. Wow, that is quite a long time before getting a Christmas card. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is funny.
    Good you got it.
    Your stiching is wonderful
    Laura Q

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job you didn't fall out over not receiving a card that year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The early/late Christmas card is hilarious! The BBD design is looking lovely. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stitching is beautiful and I enjoy seeing the progress. The Christmas card story is so funny! I am glad that it finally made its way to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have made good progress on your stitch, Edgar! Too bad the envelope of that card can't talk! It would be fun to hear its travel log.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your stitching looks great.
    How funny! I wonder how many pieces of mail get waylaid like that? What I really wonder is if any of the cards I've mailed have ever been waylaid like that! haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that is some sort of a record. I got a Christmas card in April from a good friend in Kentucky. Maybe it came over the Oregon Trail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can be in The Guiness World Book of Records!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I once heard of a letter that was sent 50+ years later. The Post Office was remodeling and they discovered several pieces of mail that had slipped behind a large piece of furniture in their lobby. Even though the cost of postage had increased significantly in that time period, they went ahead and mailed them anyway. Love your BBD start!

    ReplyDelete

“In every end, there is also a beginning.”

 Gentle Friends, I finished the sampler last night and here's a snaperooo... Village Square Sampler from Samplers Remembered   1/8 - 3/2...